Texas Fishing Forum

Fayette (2/18) Guide Ryan Wags

Posted By: Ryan Wags

Fayette (2/18) Guide Ryan Wags - 02/19/14 02:22 AM

We had some absolutely outstanding action on Fayette today. Water temps ranged from 66-71 degrees. It's very exciting when you're "doubling up", and catching on consecutive casts. Caught over 35 fish in one area, and 15 in another, and a couple here and there. Of those 35, maybe two of them were under slot. Had a good number of fish going 4+ pounds. (Some pics below).

We mostly threw soft plastic, but R-traps, and Don Harper's tweaked spinner baits accounted for many fish as well. The look, action, and quality of Don Harper's spinner bait is phenomenal.

I do guide on several lakes, and have fortunately been catching solid fish on several lakes. (Mainly Austin,Dunlap and today on Fayette). I understand many of you are very knowledgeable fisherman, and may not have considered hiring a guide, but I am on the water nearly every day. Check out the videos on the home page of my official website, which is in the signature line below. If you've got a decent, safe, "fishable", rig, I would be glad to hop on-board with you for a reasonable guide fee. Send a PM.

Posted By: Gman72

Re: Fayette (2/18) Guide Ryan Wags - 02/19/14 02:56 AM

man! great fish! great day!
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Fayette (2/18) Guide Ryan Wags - 02/19/14 03:04 AM

Beautiful Bass Ryan. I am glad the spinnerbaits are getting a workout. I truly appreciate your confidence in using the baits.
Posted By: fishnbuds

Re: Fayette (2/18) Guide Ryan Wags - 02/19/14 03:07 AM

Nice haul Ryan!
Posted By: PTGfish

Re: Fayette (2/18) Guide Ryan Wags - 02/19/14 03:12 AM

Wow I thought we did well out there today. We had 34. You guys really sacked em up.
Posted By: DrewG

Re: Fayette (2/18) Guide Ryan Wags - 02/19/14 01:22 PM

Great job Ryan!

Had a pretty decent day out there myself.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum