Texas Fishing Forum

Are they generating at Gibbons?

Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Are they generating at Gibbons? - 01/22/14 11:53 PM

I haven't kept up with it. Are they still generating consistently out there?
Posted By: BassColonel

Re: Are they generating at Gibbons? - 01/23/14 12:28 AM

As of last Saturday they were still generating. Not much of a bite the last couple of weeks.
Posted By: BassColonel

Re: Are they generating at Gibbons? - 01/23/14 12:54 AM

But the lake is currently totally full of water which is not the case in most of the lakes in Tx
Posted By: Big Brown Bass

Re: Are they generating at Gibbons? - 02/18/14 11:30 PM

Hey guys,

Had to look back aways to find a Gibbons thread but I made it there the last two weekends and it's coming on. We caught alot of butterballs chasing shad. The lake is indeed, full as a tick. Heck I'm gonna push up into the creek and see if there are any crappie up there Friday if weather permits.
Posted By: Pond bear

Re: Are they generating at Gibbons? - 02/20/14 12:12 AM

Fished all day Saturday with poor results not one bite. Water temp on main lake was 48 and 58 at discharge. Talked to a few people at the ramp that had the same results. I threw cranks and c-rigs the majority of the time. Did watch a guy catch a few crappie.
Posted By: Big Brown Bass

Re: Are they generating at Gibbons? - 02/20/14 03:02 AM

I was there Saturday from 9 till 4 and it was on as long as you were against one of those old lilly mat edges...

I can't believe we were the only ones on them....
Posted By: Pond bear

Re: Are they generating at Gibbons? - 02/20/14 05:14 AM

What were you throwing and what depth? I fished the old lilly pad flat on the left side of the intake. I usually do pretty good this is the first time I have been skunked on gibbions
Posted By: Hunt91

Re: Are they generating at Gibbons? - 02/20/14 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Pond bear
Fished all day Saturday with poor results not one bite. Water temp on main lake was 48 and 58 at discharge. Talked to a few people at the ramp that had the same results. I threw cranks and c-rigs the majority of the time. Did watch a guy catch a few crappie.

We had similar results. Fished the creeks, timber and intake with one bite. It was very slow.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum