Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Palcid

Posted By: fishark

Lake Palcid - 11/15/13 01:38 AM

Not a bad morning some little ones about a 1-4 lbs and this fat pig up river by the dam. After 9 the fishing was sooooo slow off the lake at 1100. [img]http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a487...pg?t=1384478953[/img]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake Palcid - 11/15/13 02:00 AM

Nice Fish. Placid can be very difficult at times. Good job. cheers
Posted By: Rickmb

Re: Lake Palcid - 11/15/13 02:45 AM

Nice work. I've only fished Placid once. It doesn't seem to attract the attention that Dunlap does.
Posted By: k9gee

Re: Lake Palcid - 11/15/13 03:52 AM

My buddy has good luck on placid I hate that lake.
Posted By: colind

Re: Lake Palcid - 11/15/13 06:35 PM

Very nice fish on Placid! What were you throwing, if you don't mind me asking?

Re: Lake Palcid - 11/18/13 11:47 PM

Not at all....a 1/2oz white SB with gold willows and a blue flake 6in finesse worm.

Re: Lake Palcid - 11/18/13 11:48 PM

Just wondering...why do hate Placid?
Posted By: TexasHarleySales

Re: Lake Palcid - 11/19/13 02:34 AM

Great job!
Posted By: k9gee

Re: Lake Palcid - 11/19/13 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By: fishark
Just wondering...why do hate Placid?

i have the worst luck there. every time i go i only catch one fish. the only time i have caught more then one fish was the very first time. but i have yet been able to pull a keeper out of that lake. my buddy that i go with kills it out there. its just a tough lake for me to fish.
Posted By: fishnbuds

Re: Lake Palcid - 11/19/13 10:39 PM

nice one!
Posted By: RCarter

Re: Lake Palcid - 11/19/13 11:55 PM

Yep....nice Placid fish
Posted By: Ryan Wags

Re: Lake Palcid - 11/23/13 03:21 PM

Awesome fish! Way to go. Yeah, Placid is a special place for me too. I yanked this ten from there. It was years ago, but a memory of a lifetime.

Re: Lake Palcid - 12/16/13 10:43 PM

@Ryan Wags, just wondering what are your credential’s that give you the use of “Pro Guide” in your title?
Posted By: Timberlake

Re: Lake Palcid - 12/17/13 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: fishark
@Ryan Wags, just wondering what are your credential’s that give you the use of “Pro Guide” in your title? To me it looks like the same fish in some of the photos in different places, just wondering.

And some of us wonder why nobody posts on TFF anymore? Funny how a guy tries to post a nice response to a (Month old post), and he gets blasted for it with a lame response like this. Good going fishark.

Ryan, looks like a toad. Thanks for the pics. Think I saw you on Dunlap about a week ago w some clients? I was in a silver skeeter, looked like you had a father/son guide trip going on.
Posted By: hookedon

Re: Lake Palcid - 12/18/13 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Timberlake
[quote=fishark]@Ryan Wags, just wondering what are your credential’s that give you the use of “Pro Guide” in your title? To me it looks like the same fish in some of the photos in different places, just wondering.

And some of us wonder why nobody posts on TFF anymore? Funny how a guy tries to post a nice response to a (Month old post), and he gets blasted for it with a lame response like this. Good going fishark.

My thoughts exactly WAD!

Re: Lake Palcid - 12/18/13 08:28 PM

Now guys, the question is valid. After some in-depth research of local “Fishing Guides” the word “Pro” is used with folks that have a “Pro” fishing background, such as Bass Champs, Wal Mart FLW, Texas Outdoor Fishing and Bass Masters. Example is a guide in Austin, Robert Brown titles himself the BassMan Austin Fishing Guide that has the qualifications of a Pro and has fished the Pro Circuit. All the guides for Lake Falcon, such as Jay Greishaw, Jim Behnken that has made appearances on Honey Hole Outdoors, and so many others have the titles of Fishing Guide. So for the haters, I was asking the question of what qualification gives a person the responsible right to use “PRO” in the title. Love All!
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Lake Palcid - 12/19/13 01:31 AM

When I see the word "pro" associated with anyone, I think that is their primary income. Then again, I know several firemen that are "pros" but only guide part-time. I think in order to be a for hire fishing guide, you have to have a Captain's license. I could be wrong, though.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum