Lake Bastrop - 09/06/13 10:45 PM

Any reports? How is it on weekends? Thinking of going in the morning
Posted By: Bass Junkie

Re: Lake Bastrop - 09/07/13 12:50 AM

Here is a report:

http://www.austinbassfishing.com/forum/b...e-question.html
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Lake Bastrop - 09/07/13 09:14 PM

We went today. Got on the lake around 7:00am. The water is probably 2 1/2 feet low. Headed to the grass and reeds on the banks at the inlet. Incredibly, I hung a 4-pounder on a yellow Rage Tail frog after about 20 casts. This is only the 2nd frog fish I have caught on Bastrop in 3 or 4 years. Tried for about an hour longer with no luck.

Drove out to the small schoolie flotilla in the middle of the lake to see how the "catching" was. I say catching because when I'm out there chasing schoolies, there's a lot of casting and very little catching. I have yet to perfect throwing those doggone launchers corks. I threw my special Alabama rig until I finally caught a 2 1/2 pounder. Without having any further luck, we moved to some other places. No luck.

The water is still at least 94 degrees outside of the outfall. There was very little wind while we there. It was hot and uncomfortable. I caught an LMB at the dam that was no more than 6" long on a lipless. Yippee!

We moved back to the schoolie chasers but the limited action didn't last long. Did I mention it was hot? We headed back to the ramp and called it a day at about noon. Time to get a cheeseburger!
Posted By: SWEDE

Re: Lake Bastrop - 09/17/13 12:19 AM

Thanks for the report
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum