Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork

Posted By: Eric Wright, Lake Fork Guide

Lake Fork - 03/29/13 01:51 PM

With the Ram Mega Bass tournament right around the corner, and the opportunity to win a Dodge truck every hour, it’s time to get excited because the spring fishing here on Lake Fork has been great, especially for bigger fish. Last week we had some high winds and the temps dropped again. However, it seems to be warming and my advice is to just hold the course, keep it simple and put the time on the water because fish are cruising the shallows, sitting off secondary points and hunkered down on beds. A few baits you’ll want in your boat for this tournament are a watermelon gold fluke, sun perch jig and tomato color finesse worm. Spring is here and Lake Fork is producing some monster fish.

Here’s a nice one with a client!

Earlier last week I fished the Bass-N-Buck$ and caught one over the slot weighing 8.87, as well as two heavier fish that went in the slot. All my big fish have been coming on a finesse worm using a drop shot 4' – 8' of water. You’ll want to focus on secondary points back in the creeks. When not fishing those areas, you should be further back in the creeks sight fishing 1' – 2' of water while looking for fish planted in the dirt.

My over @ Bass-N-BuckS

Remember the Ram Mega Bass is being held out of Lake Fork Marina, April 7th, 2013. A good source of material regarding the fishing conditions/reports can be found at the Lake Fork Marina Fishing Report

Water Temps as of 3-28-13: 56-60

Whether you’re looking to gain knowledge before a tournament or just want to come out and enjoy some good fishing this spring, I’d appreciate the opportunity to help and share my knowledge. The best way to see what dates I have available is to just give me a call @ 972 – 757 – 7947

Good luck this spring!

Eric Wright, Lake Fork Guide.
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Lake Fork - 03/29/13 05:42 PM

Eric Wright...its about dang time you got your arse on here and shared some of your secrets!!!!

If you are looking to learn on Lake Fork...this dude is a stick and knows Fork extremely well.

Bless you brother!

Ken Rawlinson
Posted By: Eric Wright, Lake Fork Guide

Re: Lake Fork - 03/31/13 05:02 PM

Thanks Bud,

Had a TFF member ask about setup.

Line: 10LB Seguar Fluorocarbon

Hook: #1 Rig-n-hook Owner

Weight: 1/4oz drop shot

leader: 12'' - 14''
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum