Texas Fishing Forum

TPWD Fishing Reports

Posted By: DaveRTX

TPWD Fishing Reports - 08/27/11 04:13 PM

Question for you all. Where does TPWD get the info they post? Local guides?
Posted By: 817-Fireman

Re: TPWD Fishing Reports - 08/27/11 05:13 PM

IDK, but sometimes I think they just make it up.
Posted By: TuN3R

Re: TPWD Fishing Reports - 08/27/11 05:37 PM

Usually people submit their fishing report to office at the ramp .I think that's where they get these reports.

Re: TPWD Fishing Reports - 08/27/11 05:48 PM

IDK?
Posted By: TuN3R

Re: TPWD Fishing Reports - 08/27/11 05:49 PM

IDK = i don't know lol
Posted By: canyonbass

Re: TPWD Fishing Reports - 08/27/11 08:00 PM

TPWD does not collect fishing reports. Fishing reports collection is contracted out last time I checked a few years ago with my TPWD source the company that owns this website had that contract.

Re: TPWD Fishing Reports - 08/27/11 08:23 PM

So we are talking about the same reports on the TPWD site?
Posted By: Macgruber

Re: TPWD Fishing Reports - 08/28/11 01:04 AM

Why isn't there reports 4 eagle mountain or lake worth on the tpwd reports? I've looked a few times & have yet 2 see 1 for either. Am I blind?

Re: TPWD Fishing Reports - 08/28/11 03:35 AM

No sir you're not blind, they just haven't set down and made up a report for those lakes yet. These are busy fellas and they can only run the decoy on so many lakes before someone picks up on it.

Re: TPWD Fishing Reports - 08/29/11 12:21 AM

Yeah I figured there was some good old boy business going on w/ some of the reports. Read some of the reports on lakes w/ crappie barges, you go out & no 1 is catching shinola. But the report says the crappie are on fire in the barge. I guess it's just a coincidence that when you talk to other anglers they say the bite never was that great in the last couple of weeks, but the report says otherwise. Follow the $$.

Re: TPWD Fishing Reports - 08/29/11 02:39 AM

medium running shad colored crankbaits & Texas rigged worms. Works everytime/everywhere.
Posted By: cob

Re: TPWD Fishing Reports - 08/29/11 02:52 AM

Ask JP. He compiles TPWD reports.

Re: TPWD Fishing Reports - 08/29/11 02:55 AM

817 you should fish professionally you just cracked a sure fire pattern, that's sure to work on every lake every time. Go on tpwd look at the Bridgport report for this week and then search for past reports from this week. The same report was made 4 or 5 times in the past several years. A little copy & paste action going on. You would think that who the tpwd out sources the reports to could be a little bit more original. Mix it up a bit. Make it look like you're trying to do the best job possible. Where is the oversight from the state? Tax funds being used for a make believe report to post on tpwd.com. What a scam!!

Re: TPWD Fishing Reports - 08/29/11 03:03 AM

WHAT???? I thought they went out and actually fished???? I just thought of a great $$$$ making idea. I'll do personal advisory fishing reports tailored to your needs for only a $1.00 each!

Re: TPWD Fishing Reports - 08/29/11 03:16 AM

817 what's the report for e.m. for lmb. Send me your paypal info & I'll send you a buck.

Re: TPWD Fishing Reports - 08/29/11 08:22 PM

P.M sent, thanks for your business!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum