Texas Fishing Forum

Need tips..heading to Lake Dunlop, first time there...

Posted By: BassSATX

Need tips..heading to Lake Dunlop, first time there... - 10/13/10 03:14 PM

Hey Guys....will be heading to Dunlop for the first time, I would appreciate any tips and info I can get...First, I heard about the Schumans Beach Rd ramp but dont know where on the rd the ramp is...is there a sign? Also, anything I should watch out for when running the lake?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Need tips..heading to Lake Dunlop, first time there... - 10/13/10 06:59 PM

Fishing has been on and off on Dunlap. The last time I fished
Dunlap was about two weeks ago. Had luck throwing at the Docks by the dam and along the river. I have also been told that worms are working well on the grass beds and top water frogs over the pads and by the stumps. Dunlap just like the other two river lakes (Mcqueeney and Placid) have characteristics all of their own. One day their on fire the next cold as ice. One thing for certain the more you fish em the better you get to know em. Good luck.
Posted By: Tugmaster

Re: Need tips..heading to Lake Dunlop, first time there... - 10/13/10 07:23 PM

Hey bud You can launch under 35. I'll show you around if you want you can find me at the picnic table with a keystone in hand and menthol in my lip. Just let me know
Posted By: 5-20

Re: Need tips..heading to Lake Dunlop, first time there... - 10/14/10 01:35 PM

Yeah, you definitely need to watch out for all of the stumps/treetops in the lower 1/3 of the lake.

There's also a couple of shallow bars/points that really extend out into the lake. Most of the dangerous stuff, again, is in the lower 1/3 of the lake.
Posted By: cypher_orange

Re: Need tips..heading to Lake Dunlop, first time there... - 10/14/10 08:21 PM

Definitely lower 1/3 is where you will get into trouble if not careful. Launching under I 35 stay closer to the south bank (river right) for a while. You got some stumps along the north bank. But you'll be fine.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum