Texas Fishing Forum

canyon lake

Posted By: fishinnb

canyon lake - 09/08/08 07:54 PM

finally got the new deck on my boat and am planning to get on canyon after work tomm. haven't been in a month or so. has the bass bite gotten any better? and are there any boat ramps that are not open?(crane's mill)

thanks for the replys
Posted By: Fish on

Re: canyon lake - 09/08/08 08:31 PM

Fished the previous weekend out of the kayak and there was a good bite early (sunrise) on topwater. By 8:30 I changed to a finesse worm and caught a couple. I was off the water by 10:00am. Fished this last Saturday with a friend out of his boat and caught 5 fish - 1 keeper on a finesse worm and we were off the water by 11:00. And on Sunday we took my boat out and we were on the water by 8:30 (he over slept). I tried every honey hole I have and no one was home. I gave up at 11:00. Every boat trip we launched at Tom's Creek (#6-?). Kinda a zoo after 10:00.
Posted By: BassCat307

Re: canyon lake - 09/09/08 12:21 AM

Wife and I went today and caught 3 no keepers got hot out there though. All were in deep water. Launched at Tom Creek ramp is still ok.

Re: canyon lake - 09/09/08 08:55 AM

thanks guys will post after i get off water tonight.
Posted By: ssj3goten

Re: canyon lake - 09/11/08 08:07 AM

I was bank fishing at comal park on the deep side caught 4 one was close to a keeper. Several misses included. I was using 4" senko/wacky rigged fishing from like noon-2pm.

Re: canyon lake - 09/11/08 08:46 PM

ended up going to dunlop. cranes mill ramp is closed, hope we see some rain this weekend!
Posted By: swampcat

Re: canyon lake - 09/11/08 09:27 PM

good bet canyon will get some rain... water will be stained big time... may need to watch for floaters after ike does its thing this weekend
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: canyon lake - 09/12/08 07:38 PM

Here it is Fri evening and the storm hasn't hit the beach, but I'm thinking, just by the looks of things right now, that we will not get that much out of this thing, and it will head more to the east after landfall.

Re: canyon lake - 09/13/08 12:01 PM

right on jimbo, looks like canyon will stay pretty dry. too bad, but nice little cool front that rolled through. was out on dunlop again yest evening and only one ski boat, nice family pulling the kids around.
Posted By: revoskeeter

Re: canyon lake - 09/13/08 12:16 PM

I went to toms creek and only one boat.the bite is very slow in toms creek.Boat ramp 1 might have those schools hitting.Might go out tomorrow.Waiting on what the gas prices are going to do.Friday I caught 3 crossbread smallies.
Posted By: WahooBob

Re: canyon lake - 09/16/08 01:17 AM

Anyone catching any stripers? And anyone have a good spot to catch shad im guessing up river but other that that?
Posted By: nbfishing

Re: canyon lake - 09/29/08 11:23 PM

Any luck on Dunlap? I've stayed away from canyon lake with it being so low. waiting for a fall pattern to strongly kick in.

Re: canyon lake - 09/30/08 02:17 PM

been catching a few on dunlop, but that nasty spinach lookin seaweed is still really thick. should improve after a good cold snap.
Posted By: Will.i.am

Re: canyon lake - 09/30/08 03:02 PM

never caught them on dunlop.... what area u catch them out there and what kinda baits...

Re: canyon lake - 09/30/08 11:54 PM

i hear you on the weeds on dunlap. i would try lizards or spinners around docks.
Posted By: Will.i.am

Re: canyon lake - 09/30/08 11:59 PM

for stripers???? I catch my fair share of bass flippin docks with soft plastis and using sipperbaits but never got a striper that way..

Re: canyon lake - 10/01/08 12:25 AM

sorry... talking about bass fishing. guess i got off subject. my bad. haven't fished for stripper in awhile but a buddy of mine had success on canyon with live shad near the dam. sorry for the confusion.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum