Texas Fishing Forum

Guadalupe River 6/20

Posted By: CarlB

Guadalupe River 6/20 - 06/21/21 12:19 PM

I took myself out for Father's day fishing on the river. This is the first time I took a boat here and went up the river maybe a mile. Almost everything I caught was small, the biggest fish was a catfish about 13 inches. I also may have set the record for the smallest catfish ever caught. It was a good day overall, caught about 15 sunfish, 3 or 4 catfish and some spotted bass, the biggest being 8-9 inches.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Palirwin

Re: Guadalupe River 6/20 - 06/21/21 04:22 PM

That is a cool trip! I love catching the little ones too, but there is something special about little river fish like that.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Guadalupe River 6/20 - 06/21/21 05:58 PM

coolphotos Awesome post. thumb
Posted By: gander

Re: Guadalupe River 6/20 - 06/21/21 06:35 PM

Looks like you had an outstanding day...!
Posted By: guitarbob

Re: Guadalupe River 6/20 - 06/21/21 07:09 PM

I'm sure it was just a hot there as it was around my part of Texas. But, it sure looks cooler in those pictures. Good job!
Posted By: porta

Re: Guadalupe River 6/20 - 06/21/21 10:36 PM

[quote][/quote]Good post, thanks for the pictures!

River fishing is about the only kind I do anymore, because it is the best fit for me in many ways. Safest, because I'm never more than a few feet from the shoreline, and it's shallow enough that I can stand up on bottom in most places. Very pleasant and comfortable, because there's always shade available somewhere and I'm somewhat sheltered from dangerous High wind situations. I like to head Upstream as you did, because I get some free propulsion from the river current when I'm tired coming back, or if I have some boat problems. Getting away from the crowds during the pandemic was easy to do because I use a 10 # float tube with back straps which is makes it easy to Portage any dry sections. Either upstream or Downstream was available to me, which is difficult or impossible to do on foot or with just about any other watercraft.
Posted By: flee fly

Re: Guadalupe River 6/20 - 06/24/21 12:28 PM

Great stuff right there
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum