Texas Fishing Forum

Fayette Update??

Posted By: Todd B.

Fayette Update?? - 06/17/21 11:40 AM

Guys, been in hospital for two weeks with clots from the damn vaccine (forced of course). Only thing I will say not to get political is if you haven’t had vaccine make sure you get antibodies test first. Enough said there. I’m now on blood thinners but was thinking small lake like Fayette to get back out. Has anyone fished lately and can give report please?
Posted By: AgFisher08

Re: Fayette Update?? - 06/17/21 01:45 PM

I was there on Saturday 6/12. Fish were loaded in the discharge and caught 10 up to 5lbs in the 3 hours I was there. Drop shot was all I could get bit on. I think if I would have sat there long enough and they would have decided to feed it would have been on. Look deep (15'-25').
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Fayette Update?? - 06/17/21 09:22 PM

Past weekend club tournament. Good bite along dam with crankbaits.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Fayette Update?? - 06/18/21 01:58 AM

Yeah discharge and dam, that’s where all the fish are.. bolt

Seriously though, it’s a small lake loaded with bass, not too hard to figure out.
Posted By: Grant2

Re: Fayette Update?? - 06/21/21 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Yeah discharge and dam, that’s where all the fish are.. bolt

Seriously though, it’s a small lake loaded with bass, not too hard to figure out.

Best advice on fayette yet. Go flip the reeds with a black and blue small jig and flukes early in the morning. You can also throw a shakey head or a T-Rig on the dam and around the wood.

Re: Fayette Update?? - 06/22/21 09:39 PM

Thanks everyone…greatly appreciated!
Posted By: Chis D

Re: Fayette Update?? - 06/29/21 02:32 PM

Anyone having luck around the intake? I haven't fished it much and debating taking time out of the day to make it over there.

Re: Fayette Update?? - 07/01/21 01:27 AM

Made the trip over yesterday and it wasn’t very productive at all. Between two of us caught about 7 with the largest being a little over 3 lbs. Partner had one snap his line. Would of loved to see that one. The cast netters are everywhere as usual. What we did catch were all on senkos. When graphing saw a ton of arches suspended around 20’ deep with what looked to be an obvious thermocline between 20’ to 25’. If I could learn how to catch them in this scenario things might of been different. We threw some crank baits at them with no luck. Should of tried a swimbait but didn’t. Those fish we caught were all around timber in 10’ to 15’. We never made it to the discharge.
Posted By: fluker

Re: Fayette Update?? - 07/01/21 01:28 PM

My friend and i fished yesterday also. Had 11 in boat missed 6 that we had on. Largest 5+. All on plastics 10-15 ft. Off road beds & rock.
Posted By: Mjaye

Re: Fayette Update?? - 08/08/21 05:28 PM

I went there yesterday Saturday. The water temp was from 88-105 near the plant. I grew up on Toledo Bend. I fished all over Texas and Louisiana and have never fished or seen others fihing in water in that temperature range.
I had a 4# cat hit a Spittin image just after the lure hot the ware in 5'.

I had several lite bites on Cotton Candy Schart 6" Lizard. The bite on this lake is so different and so lite if you are not on point with every cast you will miss it.

Good Luck
Posted By: Bad93ex

Re: Fayette Update?? - 08/10/21 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Yeah discharge and dam, that’s where all the fish are.

What part of the dam, I have only ever picked up fish once you get closer to the plant.
Posted By: TopwaterTom

Re: Fayette Update?? - 08/11/21 12:55 PM

I've caught fish and continue to catch fish all along the dam. From the SE corner all the way into the intake. This time of the year, fish it slow and deeper than you think. Crankbaits, swimbaits, worms, dropshot, you name it. In the early mornings, you might get a few on topwater or spinnerbait up close to the rocks as well.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Fayette Update?? - 08/11/21 01:48 PM

Can you get on the lake before 6:00 am?
Posted By: JILAS

Re: Fayette Update?? - 08/11/21 10:07 PM

Gate was open and no problem entering Oak Thicket. A few weeks ago. I arrive ~5:30am with 1st light ~6:00am.

Re: Fayette Update?? - 08/12/21 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by BMCD

Gate is open from 5am-8pm.
Posted By: barbarian

Re: Fayette Update?? - 08/12/21 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by TopwaterTom

What happens if you fish til 8:15 - You get to spend the night?

Re: Fayette Update?? - 08/12/21 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by barbarian
Originally Posted by TopwaterTom

What happens if you fish til 8:15 - You get to spend the night?

The gate automatically opens if you pull up to it to get out, but you can't get back in without a code. The lady at the gate told me that "technically" if you are inside the gate (and not camping) after 8pm, you are trespassing and could be towed.
They only say this to try and scare the late night cast netters away. I've been there a few times after 8 with no issues.
Posted By: Lmgreeri

Re: Fayette Update?? - 09/14/21 05:41 AM

Went this past weekend. Very tough and saw very few caught. Water temps avg around 92 degrees. Fished everything from 1.5 foot out to around submerged ponds as deep as 35 foot. Only managed 2 dinks shallow on square bills. Finally found biting fish in creek drains between 13-20 foot on Carolina rigged 8" black red flake lizards. Caught a good batch of the cookie cutter 2-4 pounders then working up and down the creek channels.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum