Texas Fishing Forum

Nueces River 4/29/21

Posted By: CarlB

Nueces River 4/29/21 - 04/30/21 12:29 PM

I had the day off yesterday and a choice of sitting at home playing video games, or taking a long drive to get out of the storm afflicted area and try fishing a new spot. So I headed out late to the Southwest and territory I'd never been in before. First I tried to find Espantosa lake. Google seemed to be off but I think I finally found the road for it, but there was a locked gate near the end. Does the road for Espantosa have a bunch of green tanks/silos? Espantosa creek looks good, but I didn't know what the access status was, one side of the road there said no trespassing, so I continued. After that I tried another spot on the Nueces which is a river I had never been to before. It looks like it wasn't really affected by the rainstorm, though there were some huge puddles on the road but I was able to get on the water finally at 2:00. It's a very fishy looking river, but I didn't see a large number of fish. I had some bites on power worms and a bobber, but didn't hook any. I did catch one bass after maybe an hour of fishing and that was the only fish I hooked all day, though I had a few other bites on my lure. I saw a snake swimming across the river, tons of birds and a deer so lots of wildlife in the area. I took 90 home as I had never been out that way and got to see all the small towns between Uvalde and SA.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Nueces River 4/29/21 - 04/30/21 04:51 PM

Nice! thumb
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Nueces River 4/29/21 - 05/25/21 02:58 PM

Beautiful
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Nueces River 4/29/21 - 05/27/21 02:37 AM

Fish that area a lot. Nice post and fish. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum