Texas Fishing Forum

Fayette County

Posted By: Grant2

Fayette County - 04/03/21 02:17 AM

Heading to fayette in the morning with my son hope the fishing is good. Went a couple weeks ago and it was ok, but not the best. There where plenty of people with cast nets everywhere even going down the dam area crazy. Hope this trip is better than the last.
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Fayette County - 04/03/21 03:34 PM

Grant...Looking forward to your report ...
Posted By: Grant2

Re: Fayette County - 04/04/21 02:58 AM

Got on the water about 6:45am and absolutely smoked them on a 1.5 square bill and a watermelon fluke. Caught 15 from 3-5 pounds up shallow then caught a few more throughout the day. The cast netting guys are in full force around 12:00 which is crazy watching them. Left around 1:30 because of the rain.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fayette County - 04/04/21 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Grant2
Got on the water about 6:45am and absolutely smoked them on a 1.5 square bill and a watermelon fluke. Caught 15 from 3-5 pounds up shallow then caught a few more throughout the day. The cast netting guys are in full force around 12:00 which is crazy watching them. Left around 1:30 because of the rain.

Good job! Glad you got on em. hooked
Posted By: FISHINGFOOL40

Re: Fayette County - 04/04/21 06:00 AM

Nice catch, thx 4 report๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽฃ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Fayette County - 04/04/21 11:57 AM

Good job Grant...Would love to see some pics if you took any...
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Fayette County - 04/04/21 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Grant2

I don't fish the lake, but I'm curious about all the negativity about the cast netters and the supposed harm they cause why the Game Warden is not hot on their heels checking them?
Seems that they being checked a few times would send the message that they need to stay legal.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum