Texas Fishing Forum

decker has water~

Posted By: Liebers Dad

decker has water~ - 01/23/21 09:34 PM

that's it. that's the post. the lake is nearly all the way up to the courtesy docks.
no more smell.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: decker has water~ - 01/23/21 11:08 PM

Good news. Decker was one heck of a lake years back. thumb
Posted By: Liebers Dad

Re: decker has water~ - 01/23/21 11:17 PM

still is. cousin got a 6#er this morning. saw another guy pull 4 or 5 fish in about 15 minutes jigging. best looked to be 4-5 but all good fish. another fella got what he said was 2.5 nearby. i got a few 2.5ers myself, but it was a tough day for everyone i talked to except the first guy.
even with no water in the lake this summer the fish all see really healthy.
water temp was 55-56 but fish i saw caught came from deep and shallow.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: decker has water~ - 01/23/21 11:33 PM

That is good news for sure. Love fishing Decker and I am glad that the City Of Austin decided to keep the lake open ! Thanks for a current report. thumb
Posted By: fivebites

Re: decker has water~ - 01/23/21 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Liebers Dad
that's it. that's the post. the lake is nearly all the way up to the courtesy docks.
no more smell.

Awesome! Thanks Lieber. Been leery of taking my 20 footer out there and scraping off the skeg!
Posted By: Cvillemudcat

Re: decker has water~ - 01/26/21 04:15 PM

Yep Decker is looking good. I launched my 22ft bay boat out there Sunday morning with no issues. Man was the fog thick though! The fog didn't clear until ~4 to 4:30pm. We got on a little bit of everything out there. 3 hybrids, 5 slot bass and a couple of crappie.
Posted By: Emmett

Re: decker has water~ - 01/28/21 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Liebers Dad
no more smell.

Thanks LiebersDad for the update
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum