Texas Fishing Forum

San Antonio River 1/13

Posted By: CarlB

San Antonio River 1/13 - 01/14/21 02:03 PM

So I work on the southside of San Antonio and have been checking out some of the river parks here. I have fished a few times and found fish at times, but can't get any solid bites. Yesterday I found a spot where there were fish feeding on insects around 5 pm. I saw one breach and it looked like a bass about maybe a pound. They were several feeding and I tried a spoon, spinner, fly and powerbait but couldn't get any bites. I think it was a match the hatch issue. I'm not a fly fisherman so I don't know what flies to use, though I caught several sunfish earlier this year on small black flies. I was using one that's kind or orangish with a red tip and white wings. I have no idea what insect it's supposed to be, but apparently not one that bass like. Any suggestions?
Posted By: CarlB

Re: San Antonio River 1/13 - 01/14/21 02:40 PM

This is near where I was fishing, the actual location is a secret.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: San Antonio River 1/13 - 01/14/21 04:09 PM

Fish are finicky this time of year. You had bluebird skies and that makes it even tougher. Keep going as that spot looks like it has some great potential. I lived on the Southside in the 90's off Sulphur Springs Rd. Fished the SA river for catfish a LOT, but down by Floresville.

Best of luck!!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: San Antonio River 1/13 - 01/16/21 05:11 AM

Fished that river many of times. Nice post. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum