Texas Fishing Forum

Lake LBJ

Posted By: quisdraw

Lake LBJ - 12/27/20 03:05 PM

Supposed to go to Lake LBJ in January for an extended weekend. Anybody have info on fishing that lake? I've got a boat and fish Buchanan fairly often. TIA
Posted By: Liebers Dad

Re: Lake LBJ - 12/27/20 04:17 PM

Take a jacket or three! Lol seriously though have been contemplating hitting up LBJ myself so looking forward to the replies.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Lake LBJ - 12/27/20 04:37 PM

My lake!! Fish the canals. Find very still water and fish it slow. If you think you are fishing too slow, slow down some more. Get on Google Maps and pick some canals. If you don't get a bite in one, try another, some hold a lot more fish that others, go figure. Wish I was going too. [Linked Image]

Re: Lake LBJ - 01/02/21 06:43 PM

what park of LBJ doesn't have nasty black algae?
canals - black algae
bluffs - yup
rip rap at the dam - yes, algae
jetty - algae
reeds along shoreline - yep, algae
golf course - algae

i didnt find a single area of the lake without it
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Lake LBJ - 01/03/21 03:07 AM

Dead filamentous algae. I hate the stuff. It's bad enough when it's alive and green.

Re: Lake LBJ - 01/03/21 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rayzor
Dead filamentous algae. I hate the stuff. It's bad enough when it's alive and green.

yep and it was everywhere. my guess is because we haven't had any rain. i can't imagine it's like that EVERWHERE. ALWAYS.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Lake LBJ - 01/03/21 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Liebers Dad
Originally Posted by Rayzor

yep and it was everywhere. my guess is because we haven't had any rain. i can't imagine it's like that EVERWHERE. ALWAYS.

The worse I have ever seem has been at Fayette County. Nasty!

Re: Lake LBJ - 01/03/21 10:42 PM

hasn't been too bad there lately. there are areas, but overall i can crank and worm there without issue
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum