Texas Fishing Forum

Granbury 10/21

Posted By: BrazosBully

Granbury 10/21 - 10/22/20 01:50 AM

Been having good luck fishing banks and docks for LMB using Texas rigged black/blue lizards. Had a few hits on white and chartreuse chatter baits and spinners (both rigged with swimbait trailers). Have not had any luck with crank baits / flat bills.
Most hits are coming from closer to the bank than under the docks. However, the larger bass are hanging below the docks.

I've seen the hybrids and stripers feeding on the top water (mostly in the morning, less at dusk), but do not know how to catch them. I have tried lipless cranks, swim baits on jigs, flat bills, deep diving cranks, and bouncing slabs off the bottom / various depths.
Anyone have suggestions on landing fall sandies/stripers/hybrids? I guess live shad is the last thing to try.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Granbury 10/21 - 10/22/20 02:13 AM

thumb
Posted By: JSouther

Re: Granbury 10/21 - 11/05/20 01:17 AM

Went to Granbury yesterday with my son to go crappie fishing but found several large schools of striper by decordova bend. They were fast and furious moving fast. I would spot lock on top of them and caught a few slabbing using livescope then they would move. Then I tied on a sassy shad and let sink to bottom with a slow retrieve. I also tried live shad which they were hitting on the way down. Ended up with 2 man limit and threw back quite a few.
Posted By: JSouther

Re: Granbury 10/21 - 11/05/20 01:19 AM

Side imaging is your best friend. Humps and ledges with scattered bait is where I found them. Can’t wait to go back
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Granbury 10/21 - 11/07/20 02:14 AM

clap

Re: Granbury 10/21 - 11/11/20 09:28 PM

Well done. Thanks for the pointers. Guess I need to get on top of them rather than casting at them.

Thanks again!

Re: Granbury 10/21 - 12/17/20 05:59 PM

Bumping. Any updates / news from anyone?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum