Texas Fishing Forum

Fayette County 9/10/2020

Posted By: Bass Junkie

Fayette County 9/10/2020 - 09/12/20 04:55 AM

I have been waiting for almost 3 months for cooler temps. At Oak Thicket they had new curtesy docks but rhe bumpers and cleats were not installed. Thanks to someone who saw an exposed broken off screw and removed it. We were on the water for 3 hours until we found the right water depth and grass combination, but only found this one spot that produced. Bass had big bellies, great color, and hardly any previous hook scars. Caught around 50. At least 10 over 4 lbs. All on T-rig.

I thought I would never be one of these guys but I fell/jumped overboard to save my favorite rig. Thankfully I have a ladder and a change of clothes.
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Fayette County 9/10/2020 - 09/12/20 12:30 PM

OK...What was it...fell...or...jumped ? bouncy
Posted By: Bass Junkie

Re: Fayette County 9/10/2020 - 09/12/20 12:51 PM

More of an over extended reach. I had sheer panic when it went over and didn’t comprehend at the moment, because when I swam to the back of the boat the water was only thigh deep.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fayette County 9/10/2020 - 09/13/20 04:06 AM

thumb
Posted By: Liebers Dad

Re: Fayette County 9/10/2020 - 09/18/20 07:23 PM

just returned from Fayette, first time in probably 4 years (3 for sure)

lake LOOKS great! glad to see grass in it once again, reeds have grown way out into the water in several places. docks NEARLY underwater, though, as in there was no space between the bottom of the decking and the water line.

fished fast. fished slow. fished deep. fished shallow. fished reeds. fished grass. fished timber. fished rip rap. fished green, red, white, chartreuse and every other color you can imagine. fished with blades and without. fished weighted and without. went to all my old favorite spots and got absolutely skunked. still a great day when one of your favorite lakes looks so healthy.
fyi saw a handful of other boats, but never saw anyone boat a single fish.
water stained, 90*

bottom line, i will definitely be putting fayette back in my rotation
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum