Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Bastrop Non-Fishing Report

Posted By: Rayzor

Lake Bastrop Non-Fishing Report - 08/22/20 09:44 PM

Got on the road this morning around 4:30am to get an early start. My Wife was going along for the 1st time in about 3 months. Just outside of Giddings, I saw some major lightning off toward Austin/Bastrop area. I got out my phone and looked at my Storm Radar. Good grief! There is a large, ominous cell hanging over the Austin area. Oh well. I turned around and headed back to Magnolia.

The aggravating thing is the weather reporting. I looked at Wunderground numerous times Friday night. There was no rain in the forecast for today, let alone a major thunderboomer cell. realmad I guess I should look at my Storm Radar before I leave in the mornings.
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Lake Bastrop Non-Fishing Report - 08/23/20 02:31 AM

Mother Nature’s hot flash.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake Bastrop Non-Fishing Report - 08/23/20 09:26 PM

Weather forecasters have been way off on their reporting the past few years. I use Accu Weather. For the most part they seem to be the best for what I have seen. thumb
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Lake Bastrop Non-Fishing Report - 08/25/20 11:36 PM

This one came out of nowhere Rayzor! I was also up and headed to Bastrop that day. But dang did we need the rain!! Was happy to see it! Travis is down nearly 18 feet again! We need these hurricanes to blow up this way for a week or two!
Posted By: Hookem

Re: Lake Bastrop Non-Fishing Report - 08/26/20 03:55 PM

Schooling has been sporadic at best.

You didn't miss much.
Posted By: TomRom

Re: Lake Bastrop Non-Fishing Report - 08/27/20 02:53 AM

Well I have to respectfully disagree. If areas that need rain get it from a hurricane, there are a lot of people that get a huge amount of damage when it comes ashore. Not a fare trade of benefits in my opinion.

Re: Lake Bastrop Non-Fishing Report - 08/27/20 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by TomRom
Well I have to respectfully disagree. If areas that need rain get it from a hurricane, there are a lot of people that get a huge amount of damage when it comes ashore. Not a fare trade of benefits in my opinion.

Your right, TomRom. A tropical storm with low winds helps the most. I have always heard that normal rainfall doesn't contribute much to raising lake water levels.
Posted By: Cuervo Jones

Re: Lake Bastrop Non-Fishing Report - 08/28/20 04:27 PM

Well. Laura was a bust.
Storm, hurricane, whatever...we need rain out this way!

Re: Lake Bastrop Non-Fishing Report - 08/28/20 11:20 PM

So it decides to rain here after the hurricane!
Posted By: Cuervo Jones

Re: Lake Bastrop Non-Fishing Report - 08/29/20 09:30 PM

Man, we got DUMPED ON last night!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum