Texas Fishing Forum

Caddo 13 June 2020

Posted By: bassmanrudy

Caddo 13 June 2020 - 06/14/20 01:40 AM

Wellp had a day of "misses" lol. :-(
I had 7 bites. One was a white bass early on and I caught it(squarebill). Some of them were really weird! 
1.Went to clear my line so threw the spinnerbait way out in the middle of the lake nothing around and a bass slammed it I got about 2 turns and he got off.
2.Flipped at a tree, shook it some then started swimming it back(using a MT sinsation) and right as it hits the top of the water a bass charges out at attacks it but doesn't hook up even though I froze to try and let it have it.
3. Then a big gar/bass/?? nearly made me [censored] my pants exploding at the surface at my spinnerbait as it came to the top.
4. Another bite on the MT sinsation but it took the whole curly tail part.
5. Switched to flipping a MT Hang 10 worm around isolated trees and something hit it and I set the hook and came back with a 4" worm lol!
6. Using a carolina rig I got a bite and when I set the hook my knot at the hook broke. Braid to flouro I need to remember Not to set the hook as hard.

Water looked good all over the lake. Started at Tar slough then fished along F row and then went to Gov ditch and then to R row almost to clinton lake. Mainly fishing shade at that point as it got pretty hot and I didn't bring enough to drink.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 5-0Bowhunter

Re: Caddo 13 June 2020 - 06/18/20 08:23 PM

Still a good day on that beautiful lake. I haven't been there in 25 years.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Caddo 13 June 2020 - 06/19/20 11:46 AM

Thanks! Yeah for just scenery alone its worth launching and riding around! Taking the twisty C row from gov ditch back east is fun!!
Posted By: Cuervo Jones

Re: Caddo 13 June 2020 - 06/20/20 12:49 PM

Classic “one of those days” story! I have a lot of those too. At least you got a pretty white bass to avoid the skunk!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Caddo 13 June 2020 - 06/21/20 03:44 AM

thumb
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Caddo 13 June 2020 - 06/25/20 06:26 PM

Good report. Thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum