Texas Fishing Forum

Fayette closed

Posted By: Cuervo Jones

Fayette closed - 03/29/20 04:02 PM

Until further notice.

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/06/20 11:43 AM

Update:
I went out yesterday for a few hours and it was a circus. Two guys in bass boats racing each other, ski boats loaded with too many people, big bay boats with radios blaring, idiots cutting each other off to fish banks. I hid out in a couple of my spots, but it was still crazy out at the well known areas and all the timber areas. The guy peeing on the tire of )I hope) his own truck was the icing on the cake. Other than that, fishing was good.
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/06/20 11:48 AM

Thanks for the report Cuervo...Sure will be happy when things get back to normal !
Posted By: TomRom

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/06/20 01:07 PM

The people fishing and getting upset when they don't want to share the bank is what I think is disgusting. Now if you got the trolling motor down and are heading in a direction and a person comes literally right almost within casting distance of you thats one thing. I have had that happen to me before on that lake. But that lake is too small not to share when it is jammed packed like that. Maybe LCRA should do everyone a favor and ask that 3rd party operator to close that ramp as well before someone either gets in an accident or hurt through an argument.
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/06/20 01:21 PM

Tom...I am not a fan of closing the ramps, even though it's a pain right now. BTW...The LCRA Parks website (third party operator) says that the Oak Thicket ramp re-opens today April 6...

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/06/20 02:26 PM

Well that will definitely take some of the parking pressure off the other ramp for sure. Im not a fan of closing ramps either hope this helps.
Posted By: Ringbone

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/06/20 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Vogey
Tom...I am not a fan of closing the ramps, even though it's a pain right now. BTW...The LCRA Parks website (third party operator) says that the Oak Thicket ramp re-opens today April 6...

Has anyone actually verified they opened Oak Thicket boat ramp today?

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/06/20 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ringbone
Originally Posted by Vogey

Has anyone actually verified they opened Oak Thicket boat ramp today?

I’ll check tomorrow and give an update if nobody has done so by then.

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/07/20 04:32 PM

Oak Thicket is still closed.
Posted By: barbarian

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/08/20 12:49 AM

Park Prairie is now closed after last boat comes in today (Tuesday, 4/7). I just left and lady that runs it was telling everyone in parking lot they are now closed effective immediately per Governor.
Posted By: choclabdog

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/08/20 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by barbarian
Park Prairie is now closed after last boat comes in today (Tuesday, 4/7). I just left and lady that runs it was telling everyone in parking lot they are now closed effective immediately per Governor.

I heard her telling people something but didn't hear what she said. I was headed back in the morning if I hadn't read your post. I feel sorry for anyone that makes a long drive to the lake in the morning to find out the ramp is closed.

Thanks for posting.

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/08/20 02:56 AM

Well that sucks.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/08/20 03:03 AM

Fayette is now completely closed! nuts

Side Note: Got a feeling there will be a lot more! hmmm

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/08/20 12:51 PM

That is what the LCRA website has posted. Im surprised as crowded as the ramp was that it lasted as long as it did. Oh well the bite might be pretty good when they do open it back up. Maybe in May they will open both ramps.
Posted By: TopwaterTom

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/08/20 12:57 PM

That's too bad, but we wacked them yesterday! Glad I got on the water before they locked it up.
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/15/20 05:33 AM

I talked to someone working at Fayette today on the phone. She told me that the Fayette’s parks will be closed as long as the Governor keeps the Texas State Parks closed. Fayette is on the same directive.
Posted By: barbarian

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/15/20 10:43 AM

I hiked in yesterday with an inflatable and it was unbelievable. Fish were starving and I lost count but it was an epic day even by Fayette standards. Can't wait until it opens up after another couple of weeks shut down

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/15/20 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by barbarian
I hiked in yesterday with an inflatable and it was unbelievable. Fish were starving and I lost count but it was an epic day even by Fayette standards. Can't wait until it opens up after another couple of weeks shut down

Where did you park to hike in? The roads to both park prairie and oak thicket are blocked. Did you just pull off to the side?
Posted By: kevine80

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/26/20 01:58 AM

fished there yesterday --pretty windy and was fishing open water but did rather well !
Posted By: gap

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/26/20 02:38 AM

Park Prairie is open. Not sure about Oak. Water is up since last I was there. Looks recent, water was real dingy. Fishing was tough this morning for us and all I saw. 3 random bites in a few hours. N a 15-20 and very high pressure. Glad to see people out trying, looked like people were happy to be out, suck fishing and all.
Posted By: kevine80

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/26/20 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by gap
Park Prairie is open. Not sure about Oak. Water is up since last I was there. Looks recent, water was real dingy. Fishing was tough this morning for us and all I saw. 3 random bites in a few hours. N a 15-20 and very high pressure. Glad to see people out trying, looked like people were happy to be out, suck fishing and all.

oak is open --launched there
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/26/20 03:02 AM

The opening and closing of those 2 parks has been a real Chinese fire drill. (No disrespect intended).
Posted By: BASSCATONE

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/27/20 01:43 PM

Was there Saturday in the hurricane. Both launches open and FULL. Bite all but non-existent! Good luck.
Posted By: Bass Junkie

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/27/20 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by BASSCATONE
Was there Saturday in the hurricane. Both launches open and FULL. Bite all but non-existent! Good luck.

Was glad we choose Somerville after seeing the storm over there. Didn't fish but half of Somerville's ramps are still closed. Had a 10 minute wait to launch at 1 pm but no wait to take out since we did get some rain that drove off many boaters. Two other guys and I had to "slide" a trailer over when the driver cut the corner too close. I'm glad I don't go out too much on weekends.
Posted By: RCarter

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/27/20 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bass Junkie

Was glad we choose Somerville after seeing the storm over there. Didn't fish but half of Somerville's ramps are still closed. Had a 10 minute wait to launch at 1 pm but no wait to take out since we did get some rain that drove off many boaters. Two other guys and I had to "slide" a trailer over when the driver cut the corner too close. I'm glad I don't go out too much on weekends.

Went to Somerville Sunday....what a Cluster! Around 30 minutes to launch at Overlook and 1hr and 20 min to load back up at 2:00 o'clock!
Posted By: Medinalakeguy

Re: Fayette partly closed - 04/27/20 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by RCarter
Originally Posted by Bass Junkie

Went to Somerville Sunday....what a Cluster! Around 30 minutes to launch at Overlook and 1hr and 20 min to load back up at 2:00 o'clock!

I saw nearly 200 cars at Welch, mostly just playing on the shoreline. My guess is it only takes one official to see that, and close it all again.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum