Texas Fishing Forum

AMISTAD BASS GUIDE REPORT 7/15/19

Posted By: AMISTAD BASS

AMISTAD BASS GUIDE REPORT 7/15/19 - 07/15/19 06:09 PM

7/15/19
Water Temp: mid 80s
Lake Level: 29.78 ft low

Overall the dock talk/tackle store chat is good. The majority of fishermen say they are having productive days. Past week for me its topwaters and more topwaters (spooks, poprs, frogs, whopper ploppers, & torpedos) for numbers and an occasional big fish (8lbs). We caught some on sq bills, spinnerbaits, flukes, & Tx rigs. The hydrilla is in good shape in several creeks and on select main lake humps. Ive been punching the heavy mats but for the hours spent Ive only had a few fish. Yesterday we ran into birds diving on a large school of whites and largemouth with a couple smallmouth in the mix. We didnt catch any over 3lbs but it was non stop fun. Im graphing a lot of bait suspended in the 25-60ft range however schools of ghost/glass minnows and bluegill are all around the hydrilla. Last Sunday I had a large half digested bluegill left in the livewell. The fish that spit it up was caught in the grass. Its time to break out the underwater camera with hopes of finding some deep smallmouth schools. They are usually aggressive & a blast to catch when found deep. Ill post underwater video on the website later.

Please call/text if interested in a trip. (830) 768-3648 www.amistadbass.com Thanks!
Posted By: fivebites

Re: AMISTAD BASS GUIDE REPORT 7/15/19 - 07/16/19 12:47 AM

Great reports you put up here. I need to get down to Amistad one of these days. Never been.

Re: AMISTAD BASS GUIDE REPORT 7/15/19 - 07/16/19 01:24 AM

Jump in. Im ready to go when you are. Looking forward to tomorrow mornings topwater blast. Ive got a couple one-of-a-kind homemade grass baits to try out.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: AMISTAD BASS GUIDE REPORT 7/15/19 - 07/21/19 02:03 AM

Nice post! thumb
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: AMISTAD BASS GUIDE REPORT 7/15/19 - 07/26/19 01:49 AM

Sucked for me today, 4 dinks is all. I threw top water for a couple hours without a bite. Acres of hydrilla that grows 25 ft. Deep. I just didn’t run into em or have the right presentation.

Re: AMISTAD BASS GUIDE REPORT 7/15/19 - 07/30/19 01:35 AM

Crazy how weather changes things.. since the cold front north wind last week the top water bite drastically changed. 2 mornings it was 60 degrees at daylight.. This week it’s back to 100 degrees so the bite will probably change again.. Picture was Saturday. We had several good fish but none came on topwater... today we had several stripers and whites out deep..

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum