Texas Fishing Forum

Amistad Bass Guide Report 9/12/18 (S.I.T. Winning Weight?)

Posted By: AMISTAD BASS

Amistad Bass Guide Report 9/12/18 (S.I.T. Winning Weight?) - 09/13/18 01:20 AM

www.amistadbass.com

Water level:
9/12/18 - Water level 35.25 ft below full pool of 1117.00
9/05/18 - Water Level 37.68 ft low
8/31/18 - Water level 37.27 ft low
8/18/18 - Water level 35.83 ft low

Water temp:
Low 80s

RAMPS:
BlackBrush CLOSED... Diablo, Air Force, Box, and Rough, are open.

Conditions past week has been rain and more rain with rain on the way. The current Gulf storm is predicted to bring more rain to this area by late weekend or first of next week. The lake is on a slow rise however water has been steadily flowing out of the dam on a daily basis. Hopefully the rise continues.. The rains have muddy some of the backwater areas as it has the upper parts of the Rio and the Devils. Today we saw a lot of floating cane and debris. On one steep rocky bluff there was a strong flowing waterfall that produced stripers, largemouth, and smallies all on a variety of baits from spinnerbaits to plastics. In several areas around the lake the hydrilla is still in good shape and its as deep as 20ft. Bait is scattered across the entire lake from from the surface to 60ft. Large schools of bait can be graphed 40-60ft but for me the deep bite has been inconsistent. For consistency I believe the grass is a better choice atleast until the storms pass and sun pops out...In a large club tourney last weekend the weights were low but the weather might have been the culprit. I heard several loaded up early... The S.I.T. tournament is this coming weekend. I think the 2 day 6 fish winning weight will be 25lbs but every local Ive spoken with recently is saying 18-20lbs. Whats your guess??
Posted By: hcbasser

Re: Amistad Bass Guide Report 9/12/18 (S.I.T. Winning Weight?) - 09/13/18 12:27 PM

Nice report, good to see the Lake getting some much needed run off from recent rains!

Re: Amistad Bass Guide Report 9/12/18 (S.I.T. Winning Weight?) - 09/13/18 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: hcbasser
Nice report, good to see the Lake getting some much needed run off from recent rains!
Sure is.. Quick video of flow yesterday..
https://youtu.be/jzIT1fIDWvo
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Amistad Bass Guide Report 9/12/18 (S.I.T. Winning Weight?) - 09/14/18 12:32 AM

Rising water might have an affect, 18 to 20 seems low for a winning 6 fish limit. Somebody is always on em!

Re: Amistad Bass Guide Report 9/12/18 (S.I.T. Winning Weight?) - 09/14/18 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Minner Bucket
Rising water might have an affect, 18 to 20 seems low for a winning 6 fish limit. Somebody is always on em!

Lots of guys prefishing. I know of a 10 caught yesterday and a couple other big fish. I’ll be shocked if 20lbs wins.

Re: Amistad Bass Guide Report 9/12/18 (S.I.T. Winning Weight?) - 09/15/18 03:03 PM

Park Service has a dog at the Diablo ramp checking boats/trailers for zebras before launching. One boat from the DFW area was denied lake access. The attendant said 7 lakes in the DFW area have issues 😳
Posted By: Walls

Re: Amistad Bass Guide Report 9/12/18 (S.I.T. Winning Weight?) - 09/15/18 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: AMISTAD BASS
Park Service has a dog at the Diablo ramp checking boats/trailers for zebras before launching. One boat from the DFW area was denied lake access. The attendant said 7 lakes in the DFW area have issues 😳

Wow! That's awesome! Not for the guy denied.....but for the fishery. And good on Park Service for taking care of business.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Amistad Bass Guide Report 9/12/18 (S.I.T. Winning Weight?) - 09/17/18 02:50 AM

But just think about how many days these guys could have prefished before being checked and they didn’t have the dog at Box Canyon on Saturday morning. If they are going to attempt to stop the zebras, they better try a little harder.

Re: Amistad Bass Guide Report 9/12/18 (S.I.T. Winning Weight?) - 09/17/18 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout

But just think about how many days these guys could have prefished before being checked and they didn’t have the dog at Box Canyon on Saturday morning. If they are going to attempt to stop the zebras, they better try a little harder.

Attendant said they were only there for 11 days and they had paid a lot of money for the special sniffing dog from California. I wondered about the other ramps etc.. The guy they denied probably launched somewhere else 30 minutes later..

Re: Amistad Bass Guide Report 9/12/18 (S.I.T. Winning Weight?) - 09/17/18 03:00 AM

Attendant said they were only there for 11 days and they had paid a lot of money for the special sniffing dog from California. I wondered about the other ramps etc.. The guy they denied probably launched somewhere else 30 minutes later..

Re: Amistad Bass Guide Report 9/12/18 (S.I.T. Winning Weight?) - 09/17/18 03:05 AM

Final Standings - 2018 S.I.T.

1st place 29.77 (6 fish)

20th Place 14.99
50th Place 12.09
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Amistad Bass Guide Report 9/12/18 (S.I.T. Winning Weight?) - 09/17/18 11:09 AM

Stan,,,Thank you for re posting my original post above on the Final Standings from the Bass Fishing forum. You were not far off with your original guess, 29 lbs is strong for 6 fish.

Debra smile

Re: Amistad Bass Guide Report 9/12/18 (S.I.T. Winning Weight?) - 09/17/18 05:36 PM

We talked to the park service lady at the SIT registration about it for a few mins. Sounds like they are trying to buy equipment to be able to clean the affected boats, she had said that they had found a few affected boats; but it may have just really been 1 boat. She made a funny face when I said “the zebra mussels seem to be in all of the popular wakeboard lakes”....Surely they realize that those boats have huge holding tanks on them.

Re: Amistad Bass Guide Report 9/12/18 (S.I.T. Winning Weight?) - 09/17/18 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Debra Hengst
Stan,,,Thank you for re posting my original post above on the Final Standings from the Bass Fishing forum. You were not far off with your original guess, 29 lbs is strong for 6 fish.

Debra smile

Hi Debra.. I copied the standings from the Permian club site. They listed all the places, names, totals, and big fish. They replaced the first day standing with final day info. I wanted to compare days but .. 29lbs is great weight for 6 esp right now.

Re: Amistad Bass Guide Report 9/12/18 (S.I.T. Winning Weight?) - 09/18/18 02:28 AM

First place had 16 something on day 1. Seems like second was 13”ish” and they all were close going down the line. We had 10.31 and were in 10th on day 1. Day 2 kicked our rear and we couldn’t get the 3rd keeper, ended up in 14th. I don’t know what the winners were really doing; but man it was impressive!

I think Debra posted the day 1 weights in a thread in the bass fishing section.

Re: Amistad Bass Guide Report 9/12/18 (S.I.T. Winning Weight?) - 09/18/18 09:03 PM

Winners were in the Pecos or so I am told. I heard several were upset that trailering was allowed to the Pecos since you couldn’t enter from the river. I was at the Pecos ramp before the rain. Wasnt easy to get off the ramp. The rain must of helped... RULES

Re: Amistad Bass Guide Report 9/12/18 (S.I.T. Winning Weight?) - 09/19/18 12:09 AM

Winners were in the Pecos or so I am told. I heard several were upset that trailering was allowed to the Pecos since you couldn’t enter from the river. I was at the Pecos ramp before the rain. Wasnt easy to get off the ramp. The rain must of helped... RULES

Get out of here!
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Amistad Bass Guide Report 9/12/18 (S.I.T. Winning Weight?) - 09/19/18 12:29 AM

Might as well kayak the Devils with those rules.

Re: Amistad Bass Guide Report 9/12/18 (S.I.T. Winning Weight?) - 09/19/18 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Minner Bucket
Might as well kayak the Devils with those rules.

Haha.. that’s a good one
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum