Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Ray Hubbard reports?

Posted By: HylianPunkk

Lake Ray Hubbard reports? - 07/13/18 12:34 PM

I've searched around the forum -- haven't found much regarding chasing Largemouth.

We are wanting to run this weekend and not looking forward to another shutout day like we just experienced on Lavon. frown

Anyone..? fish
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard reports? - 07/13/18 04:48 PM

The north side of I-30 bridge near Bass pro with square bills early and senkos a little deeper once the sun gets up.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard reports? - 07/14/18 10:49 PM

Thanks for the tip— we’re normally productive on the rocks with white for largemouths. I think we are going to run the river. I haven’t heard anyone talking about the lily pads, so I’m not sure if they’re still there or if they’ve died off. I guess we will find out tomorrow though dance2
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard reports? - 07/15/18 01:18 PM

Ok bud. Haven't been up the river in a while. Just know that for LMB I can always catch a few on the rocks all around that lake. Also the Yacht club area holds some good fish. Good luck. Liked your Lavon reports by the way.
Posted By: txbasshound

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard reports? - 07/15/18 08:46 PM

Water was stained and about 85 or so degrees. Got two Bass, both about 14 1/2 inches long, about 2 ponds or so. White and chartreuse spinnerbait with one gold and small silver Colorado blades and a Pumpkin Seed/chartreuse craw trailer. Got one on the inside edge of tires at the marina just north of 30 and the other off the end of the 4th boat dock, 5th row of boat docks in Dalrock...tough day. Couldn't get bit on weeds or rip rap.
Had a nice photo but can't get it to download.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard reports? - 07/18/18 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: fivebites
Ok bud. Haven't been up the river in a while. Just know that for LMB I can always catch a few on the rocks all around that lake. Also the Yacht club area holds some good fish. Good luck. Liked your Lavon reports by the way.

Same here, it's been a long time! We made an attempt to get to the river but with the lake being 2' low (plus me not being familiar with the area) we decided to turn back after we got to the powerlines. It got way to shallow and we were struggling with all the timber dunce

I didn't even think about trying the yacht club but we did run some decent looking grass, the rocks (30, 66 & dalrock) and the tires at the marina off 30. Everyone we talked had been struggling to get anything to bite and what would bite, was barely clearing 14" or just shy of it.

I'm glad we weren't the only ones with a tough day on the water - but thanks for the compliment on my Lavon reports! I'll try to stay on top of them and keep being as detailed as I can be.

**Side note, does anyone know what tournament was out there on Sunday? There were quite a few teams boats we ran into!
Posted By: T-Gauntt

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard reports? - 07/19/18 03:30 AM

Lavon doesn’t hold very many tournaments, so I’d be surprised if there was one. The lake was fishing really good the first half of summer and word probably just spread. There’s a lot of really solid tournament anglers that fish Lavon regularly.
Posted By: BassBucknBeer

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard reports? - 07/19/18 12:15 PM

Had 10 largemouth yesterday fishing a slow dropping plastic creature around the bridge pilings. Also drop shot same place. Not bad to sit in the shade and catch fish. Cool thing was fish started surfacing between the bouys and the bridge. I thought what the heck I’ll go catch some whites, but turned out they were largemouth schooling!!! Caught 20 or so more largemouth on a square bill. For me catching 30ish largemouth on Ray Hubbard is an awesome day!!! Largest was around 4 lbs

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard reports? - 08/02/18 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: BassBucknBeer
...started surfacing between the bouys and the bridge. I thought what the heck I'll go catch some whites, but turned out they were largemouth schooling!!!

Wow that's pretty amazing, I have never seen largemouth's school in person before. I'm still wanting to get better at the drop shot technique, so I may have to start working areas slower. We always fish the rip rap by the bridges but never the pilings.
Posted By: Ocelot

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard reports? - 10/24/18 04:04 AM

Fished paddle point park tonight out of my kayak.
Lake is about 1/2 foot above normal.
Could not locate many fish on the finder.
While paddling around tried rooster tail trailing a jointed minnow and also had out some shrimp for catfish trailing under a large float a ways behind the boat.
Also tried fishing rail road bridge pilings, and several trees.
Tried perch and shrimp for catfish.
Tried worms for perch.
Tried a couple of different jigs for crappie.
Not a single bite.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard reports? - 12/06/18 06:21 AM

Fished paddle point park tonight out of my kayak.
Had my new lowrance elite 7 total scan out there for the 2nd time on the water.
Lots of balls of bait fish showing up and some were pretty large.
Going to have to learn to throw cast net from sitting position to take advantage of this in the future.
Saw lots of fish but nothing was interested in my dead minnows. Time to grind them up and add to catfish bait.
Saw some really long thin fish on the display, guessing those and most of the other fish were gar.
If they were cats, crappie or white bass I would think something would have taken a bite.
First time out in the colder weather at night with waders, flip mits and layered clothing.
Stayed warm and dry except for fingers which started to get a little cool at the end.
Have to get used to paddling with the flip mits on.
Wind started to pick up near the end so decided to be safe and head back a little early.
Another night with the lake all to myself.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard reports? - 12/23/18 05:16 AM

Got a late start heading out to the lake today so decided to go to Paddle Point Park.
Saw lots of fish on the finder and several large ones which had to have gone right by our baits.
Some places it looked like a blizzard of fish on the finder.
All those fish and we could not get a single bite.
Fished for about 2 hours then had to call it quits.
One day I will figure out the key to fishing this area.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard reports? - 12/28/18 01:03 AM

I took my kayak out at paddle point park today.
Bright sunny day was just too much to pass up despite the wind.
Fished along miller rd up past the bridge. Then worked some trees as I crossed over to far end of railroad bridge.
Came back along the railroad bridge.
Did not see many fish on the finder.
I was on the windward and leeward sides of banks, and fished the bridges.
Tried shad and worms for cats.
Also was throwing out corn and had one rod out with corn in case some of the large fish I had seen out there were carp or buffalo.
Got one bite on the shad but did not take the hook.
Fished some crank baits while drifting and did not get any bites on them either.
Fighting the wind will help a lot towards recovering from Christmas dinner.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard reports? - 12/29/18 01:05 AM

With a good north wind blowing and temps in lower 40's decided to bank fish from twin groves park this afternoon.
Lots of birds in the area and a few boats going to/from duck hunting on the water.
Some folks must have been hunting up the cove a bit.
Had 3 poles out with cut shad and not a single bite.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard reports? - 12/29/18 01:10 AM

Sorry, should have posted previous post on the Lake Lavon forum.
Posted By: Perry

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard reports? - 01/07/19 12:26 AM

My report for Ray Hubbard is that its been really tough fishing. At least for me. Ive been targeting lmb and crappie with no luck. Not very often do I get skunked but the skunk has been in the boat the last couple short outings... anyone catching out there or is it just me?
Posted By: Perry

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard reports? - 01/08/19 12:35 AM

Fished the rocks from 430 till just about dark with swimbait, crank and 10inch worm, I got 1 bite on the worm,He didn't stay interested long enough to even set the hook. I snagged about a 18 pound buffalo on the crankbait, My question is weather or not that's still considered a skunk or not?

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard reports? - 01/10/19 05:19 AM

Fished Paddle Point Park for a couple hours tonight.
There was no wind and I did not see a single boat on the water.
Saw several fish on the finder again, but still trying to figure out how to catch them.
Drifted worm and shad 1 foot off bottom while trying jointed minnow, deep diving crankbait, small rooster tail, crappie jig.
Not a single bite.
Did see a river otter swimming across the area tonight which was pretty cool.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard reports? - 01/10/19 12:48 PM

What’s up Perry! It’s been on the last place I saw you! Give me shout..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum