Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Corpus Christi

Posted By: Helotes Fishing Guy

Lake Corpus Christi - 07/11/18 04:40 PM

Anyone fished Lake Corpus Christi the past couple of weeks? Wondering if they have had any luck with White or Black Bass.
Posted By: rob valle

Re: Lake Corpus Christi - 07/13/18 12:58 PM

I was there last weekend but we were catfishing. I did see some white bass and gasper goo carcasses in the bins at the cleaning station.

Re: Lake Corpus Christi - 07/13/18 03:40 PM

Thanks for the info! Will post after I go out Sunday if we had any luck.

Re: Lake Corpus Christi - 07/16/18 09:20 PM

Well out for several hours and only caught one good sized crappie. Fish were showing up on the finder but could not get them to go after anything I tried. Not many fishing boats on the lake for a Sunday.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Lake Corpus Christi - 07/17/18 04:39 AM

Welcome to the tff helotes fishing guy! Thanx for the report lots of good people on here. Seems the crappie bite has been slow down here in south tx
Posted By: ZzzKing

Re: Lake Corpus Christi - 09/07/18 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By: rob valle
I was there last weekend but we were catfishing. I did see some white bass and gasper goo carcasses in the bins at the cleaning station.

That is the difference between N Texas and the coast. They appreciate and will eat freshwater drum. We only want to kill them, it seems.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Lake Corpus Christi - 09/12/18 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: ZzzKing

That is the difference between N Texas and the coast. They appreciate and will eat freshwater drum. We only want to kill them, it seems.

I don't get that, they eat as well as any other fish that comes out of the water.
Posted By: Stroker XS

Re: Lake Corpus Christi - 09/20/18 08:28 AM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
Originally Posted By: ZzzKing

I don't get that, they eat as well as any other fish that comes out of the water.

I will take your word on it! I’ll back strap gar but drum I’ll pass
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Lake Corpus Christi - 09/21/18 12:53 AM

Gasper goo are legit fried!
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Lake Corpus Christi - 09/21/18 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Minner Bucket
Gasper goo are legit fried!

Must be, I know some people at Choke that go specifically just after goos.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum