Texas Fishing Forum

Broken Bow Lake, OK

Posted By: Fisher Jack

Broken Bow Lake, OK - 05/04/18 02:33 PM

Just got back today from 9 full days of fishing at Broken Bow Oklahoma. Rented a Cabin from Sundown Cabin Rentals, launched from Carson Creek area. Fished mainly 4 inch wacky rigs, caught anywhere from 20-50 per day with 3 between 4-5 pounds. Love this lake with lots of coves and beautiful tree lined, rocky edge shores. Best of all, Oklahoma requires no fishing license for seniors from Texas. Enjoy.
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Broken Bow Lake, OK - 05/13/18 10:59 AM

It's one of the most beautiful lakes I've been on. Hard to believe that Broken Bow is not in Colorado... Looks just like it. I've only done crappie fishing there, and it's phenomenal.
Posted By: mavsfan

Re: Broken Bow Lake, OK - 06/12/18 05:12 PM

A friend and I fished mornings of the 7-8-9th. We caught about 10 a day using lizards with a curly tail. Best was a 3# smallmouth. All Blacks and spotted were around 2# each. Concentrate on steep banks, a change in the rocks on the shoreline and anywhere there is a tree laying in the water. The bass hit it hard and are mean fighters! Stay back away from bank-the water is clear. I also landed an 8.5# cat on a lizard.

Re: Broken Bow Lake, OK - 07/08/18 03:23 PM

Oh by the way guys, the fall fishing gets good here in November, not October as on some Texas Lakes.
Posted By: Rducky

Re: Broken Bow Lake, OK - 08/08/18 12:14 AM

We're u catching mostly largemouths or smallmouths?

Re: Broken Bow Lake, OK - 08/15/18 04:36 PM

My wife and I spend a week every spring, we mostly fish Wacky style and catch approx, 10 blacks to one small-mouth ratio. I believe if we stayed closer to the dam we would increase that ratio to 50-50. Anyway, we love the lake and go every year and rent a Vacation rental by Owner up around the Carson Creek area by Hochatown. There are lots of long coves off the "River-style" lake that you can spend all day in and avoid any winds that come up. Have a great time.
Posted By: retdbasser

Re: Broken Bow Lake, OK - 08/17/18 11:43 AM

Planning a trip to Broken Bow in mid Sept. with fishing partner. Most of the cabins that I've found on the net with 2 full beds run almost $200 a night.

Can you recommend any lodging closer to $100 a night ,close to the lake, with boat charging access?

What areas have safe boat ramps?
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Broken Bow Lake, OK - 08/17/18 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: retdbasser
Planning a trip to Broken Bow in mid Sept. with fishing partner. Most of the cabins that I've found on the net with 2 full beds run almost $200 a night.

Can you recommend any lodging closer to $100 a night ,close to the lake, with boat charging access?

What areas have safe boat ramps?

The area is loaded with fantastic log cabins. The only place I can tell you that is "close" to the water is Lakeview Lodge. Call them. Broken Bow is surrounded by a reserve and maybe a national forest. Not a lot going to be built in there.
Posted By: kaboboom

Re: Broken Bow Lake, OK - 08/18/18 02:10 PM

Been thinking hard about making Broken Bow my home waters for flyfishing. If you please, what age constitutes a "senior"? Probably doesn't matter as I'm 65 next May. I'm assuming the river and lake have the same regs.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Broken Bow Lake, OK - 08/18/18 05:39 PM

there are trout also, right?
wouldn't they hit a Wacky Rig?

Re: Broken Bow Lake, OK - 08/19/18 05:24 PM

The year you turn 65 is counted, so as of January of the year you turn 65, you do not need a license if you posses a Texas license.
Posted By: retdbasser

Re: Broken Bow Lake, OK - 08/20/18 08:26 PM

Reserved a cabin in the park for mid Sept. for 4 nights. A couple of olds on possibly their last big bass fishing trip.

Now need some tips on fishing, running the lake and launch options and any other info.
Posted By: kaboboom

Re: Broken Bow Lake, OK - 08/20/18 11:58 PM

Thanks!
Posted By: sheaown

Re: Broken Bow Lake, OK - 09/08/18 01:45 PM

I stayed behind the Chocolate factory and the cabins were 95.00 a night. Whip-r-wheel not sure how to spell it. The owners are from Aledo. Great forks!!!!!!!!
Posted By: sheaown

Re: Broken Bow Lake, OK - 09/08/18 01:46 PM

I stayed behind the Chocolate factory and the cabins were 95.00 a night. Whip-r-wheel not sure how to spell it. The owners are from Aledo. Great forks!!!!!!!! Also have a pond on location.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum