Texas Fishing Forum

Bastrop 3/31/2018

Posted By: Rayzor

Bastrop 3/31/2018 - 04/01/18 02:05 AM

According to the solalunar tables, this weekend was supposed to be excellent for fishing. The weather for Bastrop was supposed to be clouds in the morning, then sunny with wind up to 12mph. Well, we didn't see the sun until noon but the wind was bell to bell. The morning was really tough. My Wife caught a few LMB but I couldn't get a bite. When I did, the suckers came unbuttoned. These misses would happen many times during the day.

The water is at least 6" higher than it was last week and gorgeous. Plenty of good ole Lake Bastrop vegetation, too. When the sun popped it's head out, I finally started catching a few. I wish I could say that the fish we caught were on a pattern but I'd be lying. We just threw a whole lot and wished for the best.

We would up with 23 fish, the biggest going #3.1. All fish were caught on a variety of crank baits. We probably lost 10 fish. Those 23 took a lot of effort. Fighting the wind wears an old man out.
Posted By: Gnab2

Re: Bastrop 3/31/2018 - 04/02/18 02:41 PM

I was wondering about Bastrop with all the rain. I think that I will be running up there soon..
Posted By: COWBOYSFAN008

Re: Bastrop 3/31/2018 - 04/03/18 02:05 PM

Its weird, for me at least, that on these power plant slot lakes we dont just slay them all the time. I would think they are just packed full of fish, which they probably are. Could it be may fishin skillz? Nah. eeks
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Bastrop 3/31/2018 - 04/04/18 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By: COWBOYSFAN008
Its weird, for me at least, that on these power plant slot lakes we dont just slay them all the time. I would think they are just packed full of fish, which they probably are. Could it be may fishin skillz? Nah. eeks

It's not much of a power plant lake anymore. They hardly ever "crank" it up. It's weird that Bastrop, a non-coal burning plant, is hardly ever used and FCL, a coal burning plant seems to run 24/7/365.

Maybe someone knows the answer.
Posted By: C.M.

Re: Bastrop 3/31/2018 - 04/05/18 01:11 AM

they ran out of non-coal
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum