Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine Lake

Posted By: wharbylgarbyll

Grapevine Lake - 03/26/18 07:59 PM

Went out 3/24/18 around 8:30 to Trophy Club Park, bank fishing near the boat ramp. Casting net caught a small amount of chad (30-40 on about 20 or so casts) and a few small sunfish, no luck on catfish, which is what we were there for. Was hoping they were up in Marshall branch. We left around noon for the flats out near white chapel road, stayed there till 4pm. Had a couple of bites, but no catfish. Guess they're still out in the lake. Going try Murell park Friday night and Saturday Morning, will report back.
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Grapevine Lake - 03/26/18 10:16 PM

Good report and welcometo the forum
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Grapevine Lake - 03/26/18 11:59 PM

Keep fishing and keep posting your results. There is an incredible lack of freshwater fishing reports on the website.
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Grapevine Lake - 03/27/18 03:15 AM

Keep working it. I saw you about mid-morning. It was my little kid pulling the boat off of the trailer and beaching next to you. We picked up a single white bass, 15" with minnows, just a little downstream from the ramp.

Re: Grapevine Lake - 03/28/18 06:50 PM

Awesome! I think I'm going to go north shore next weekend, prob Murell park Trail 7. I'll post back with results.
Posted By: Treadlightly2

Re: Grapevine Lake - 04/02/18 02:06 PM

I had your spot yesterday next to the boat ramp. Had the place all to myself because I was there before daylight. I had the same mission as you, I wanted to catch some catfish. The shad were few but I managed to get a dozen or so and had 3 lines out, they stayed out, not a nibble on any of them. I caught 1 sandie on a curlytail 1/8 oz. jighead and 2 on a small shad. Decided to launch the kayak and drift for catfish, not a single bite. Paddled upstream and tossed out the curlytail to drift along with the shad head.Picked up 6 sandies all males on the curlytail and had the surprise of my life when a VERY large crappie hit the shad head. It was a catfish free day. Need more rain because it changes everything, catfish love muddy water.
Posted By: NB Fisherman

Re: Grapevine Lake - 04/02/18 03:06 PM

Will be heading up to that neck of the woods this weekend, where is the best place to launch a kayak? Will be fishing for largemouth first time on the lake.
Posted By: Treadlightly2

Re: Grapevine Lake - 04/02/18 04:09 PM

I would launch at Trophy Club only because it's cheap and I'm familiar with it. Launching fee is $5.00 at the gate.

Re: Grapevine Lake - 04/02/18 04:27 PM

Well I went out to Murell park with the littles, no dice. Went home and got throw lines and headed back out to the south side at white chapel road, set them out overnight, nothing. Will try again on the weekend of 5/4 and report back.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Grapevine Lake - 04/02/18 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: wharbylgarbyll
Well I went out to Murell park with the littles, no bait fish on the cast net, lost it in an underwater tree at the dock on trail 5. Forgot our tackle box too. Went home and got throw lines and headed back out to the south side at white chapel road, set them out overnight, nothing. Will try again on the weekend of 5/4 at Murell Park and report back.

Someone found your net. http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12695050/1/Lake_Grapevine
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Grapevine Lake - 04/02/18 10:46 PM

eeks
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Grapevine Lake - 04/02/18 10:51 PM

flush_2
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Grapevine Lake - 04/03/18 12:51 AM

boy
if you don't catch them on live bait
somethings wrong
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Grapevine Lake - 04/03/18 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Well I went out to Murell park with the littles, no bait fish on the cast net, lost it in an underwater tree at the dock on trail 5. Forgot our tackle box too. Went home and got throw lines and headed back out to the south side at white chapel road, set them out overnight, nothing. Will try again on the weekend of 5/4 at Murell Park and report back.

Someone found your net. http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12695050/1/Lake_Grapevine

popcorn

Re: Grapevine Lake - 04/03/18 07:28 PM

Well I went out to Murell park ...

jackwagon...good one!
Posted By: TexasTechsan

Re: Grapevine Lake - 04/04/18 12:02 AM

Well I went out to Murell park ...

jackwagon...good one!

And that was me being nice. It was Easter weekend after all. By the way, real smooth editing your post. Just own it. Glad it was quoted above.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum