Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Granbury for stripers?I have a friend with a place on Lake Gr

Posted By: sindylou

Lake Granbury for stripers?I have a friend with a place on Lake Gr - 03/09/18 12:20 PM

I have a friend with a place on lake Granbury and am planning to stay a few days and want to ask if striper fishing is any good there, and if so when is best time. Thanks for any info.Also looking for a guide possibly.
Posted By: TrailHand

Re: Lake Granbury for stripers?I have a friend with a place on Lake Gr - 03/14/18 12:36 AM

Yes, you can pull Stripers out of there. Try the midlake area on some deep crankbaits.
Posted By: Patrnflyr

Re: Lake Granbury for stripers?I have a friend with a place on Lake Gr - 03/23/18 11:32 AM

We catch stripers all the time up to 10 lbs. we’re usually fishing for largemouth up in the sticks and hook them by accident. Not sure what you have in the line til it’s in the boat. Makes it exciting.
Posted By: squirrelhunter09

Re: Lake Granbury for stripers?I have a friend with a place on Lake Gr - 03/24/18 06:27 PM

easy way is to troll large crankbaits, maybe with a trailer. or up in the timber with swimbaits...
Posted By: Thunk

Re: Lake Granbury for stripers?I have a friend with a place on Lake Gr - 03/24/18 07:58 PM

Use shad in the lower lake about 30 ft. Watch your sonar. Flats in the morning and evenings watch for birds.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum