Texas Fishing Forum

Toledo Bend....

Posted By: Ranger205

Toledo Bend.... - 03/01/18 08:11 PM

Any info after all these rains.? Temps, clarity etc....
Posted By: toledo puma

Re: Toledo Bend.... - 03/05/18 05:19 PM

This Toledo Bend report is from yesterday (3/4/2018); My report is from north of pendleton bridge from the 1215 area.Since all the rain the water is stained to muddy for most of the lake. Dont let the stained water scare you. Coming off the full moon the girls are trying to do their thing. The water is about 3 or 4 inches above full pool, and the bushes on the banks have fish in them if you can get a bait to the fish. Surface temp. yesterday at day light was 61 degrees, and at 2:00 was 63 degrees.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Toledo Bend.... - 03/05/18 06:53 PM

We had a club tourney there this past weekend...fishing was fair. 2-day tourney and 30lbs won it. The water I fished was stained to muddy & anywhere from 62-67 degrees...north of Pendleton. Caught most of my fish flipping bushes and wood in 1-3'.
Posted By: Big Ned

Re: Toledo Bend.... - 03/05/18 10:51 PM

The fish north of Pendleton are definitely shallow. Now this will depend on how much the SRA pulls the lake. I caught them real good Friday deep in the bushes, Saturday they had moved to the outer bushes due to the water dropping. The bite had changed and the fish changed with it. If the lake remains the same due to them cutting back on gates open where you find them in the next few days they should remain. The water was very stained to muddy but a 3/4 oz. jig in black/blue with a large black/blue trailer was getting a lot of bites.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum