Texas Fishing Forum

CORTLAND® C-16 HOLLOW-CORE SPLICEABLE SUPER BRAID

Posted By: TFF Staff 3

CORTLAND® C-16 HOLLOW-CORE SPLICEABLE SUPER BRAID - 07/11/18 06:31 PM

CORTLAND® C-16™ SPLICEABLE SUPER BRAID
THE FINEST SPLICEABLE "HOLLOW-CORE" SUPER BRAID NOW AVAILABLE IN NEW BLUE COLOR

Cortland® C-16™ Spliceable Super Braid is the most advanced gel-spun braid on the market. Designed and manufactured in Cortland, New York, using High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (HMWPE) fibers in a spliceable, 16-carrier construction for extremely small diameter to strength ratio.

C-16 is braided using Cortland's proprietary hollow-core construction for fast and reliable splicing of wind-on leader end-loops, or direct splices of top shots. The uniform pick count (wraps per inch) creates a more reliable construction while maintaining line strength.

C-16 features Cortland's proprietary FiberTech™ super braid protection, a unique treatment (not a coating) which penetrates the weave and molecularly bonds to the microfibers to provide just the right amount of body and handling characteristics. ColorLast™ provides the longest lasting color, which will not bleed or fade.

By popular request, a new color, blue has been added to the lineup. Cortland C-16 is now available in three colors: Blue, White and Chartreuse.

Captain Bobby Rice of Cape Cod abuses gear from August to December and his go-to line is C-16 Super Braid.

"Whether I'm vertically jigging, casting stick baits or using conventional tackle with live baits, Cortland C-16 is on board. It is the strongest, most reliable and easiest to splice braided line I have ever used. I love the new blue color and feel that it gives me an edge in super clear water."

Cortland® C-16 is constructed to be the finest spliceable "hollow-core" braid on the market today. Exceptional performance for demanding saltwater angling.

FEATURES / BENEFITS:
  • 16-carrier OptiCon™ Construction - the optimum construction and uniform pick count for outstanding splicing of monofilament or fluorocarbon
  • Made with the finest High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (HMWPE) Fibers - 3x stronger than steel by weight.
  • Ultra-sensitive and super thin for greater reel capacity.
  • FiberTech™ Technology - penetrates and protects the microfibers while providing incredible wear resistance and just the right amount of body
  • ColorLast™ Treatment - will not fade or bleed

SPECS:
  • Lengths: Available in 600, 1200 and 2500 yard spools
  • Lb. Tests: 80 lb., 100 lb., 130 lb. and 200 lb.
  • Colors: New Blue, Chartreuse and White

For more information, please visit: cortlandline.com
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum