Texas Fishing Forum

What kind of lures

Posted By: Hash_Brown

What kind of lures - 06/08/20 04:51 AM

Please help

I have been fishing my whole life and always just used live bait. I’ve been trying to use different lures on lakes but have no luck.

What’s the best lure to use for bass on lakes?
Posted By: Burbarry

Re: What kind of lures - 06/08/20 12:39 PM

I like crankbaits when fishing deep or on ledges. Plastic weightless worms along the banks. Jigs with trailers almost anywhere. Weighted brush hogs deep or shallow (Texas or Carolina rigged). Buzz baits in the rain shallow. Poppers or walk the dog top waters early morning shallow to 10 feet deep. I've been trying to use larger swimbaits (8"+) but haven't had any luck yet with them.

Starting out I would pick up some swimjigs (I use the 6th sense divine black/blue) add a 3.5" or 4.5" swimbait trailer. Cast it out let it hit the bottom and sit for a couple seconds. Then wiggle it without reeling it in, maybe drag it a little. Then pull it towards you reeling it in a little then let it hit the bottom. Keep that action going. Or just cast it out and have a slow steady reeling action. Both should get you bites.
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: What kind of lures - 06/08/20 05:57 PM

I like wacky rig weightless worms and square bill crank baits for beating on the shoreline. Swim jigs are very versatile for a lot of different uses.
Posted By: Alumacraft 14

Re: What kind of lures - 06/08/20 11:33 PM

Zoom worm, watermelon has never once failed me.
Posted By: Hash_Brown

Re: What kind of lures - 06/09/20 02:05 PM

Thankyou for the info!!

What size hooks are y’all using with the plastic worms?
Posted By: Burbarry

Re: What kind of lures - 06/09/20 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Hash_Brown
Thankyou for the info!!

What size hooks are y’all using with the plastic worms?

I like to use 4/0 EWG for senko worms
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: What kind of lures - 06/09/20 11:19 PM

I use this style for wacky worms in a 3/0 to 4/0 size. For Texas rigs, I use 4/0 hooks.

https://www.ebay.com/i/351328281269...wfOekCkgipGquDBB-tyg8O57pUxoCoOQQAvD_BwE
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum