Posted By: BrandoA

New Ribbit Lake Record - 03/28/20 03:24 AM

10lbs -14ounces, almost 25” long. [Linked Image]

Re: New Ribbit Lake Record - 03/28/20 03:26 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ToasterWEyes

Re: New Ribbit Lake Record - 03/28/20 08:40 AM

Congrats, that is one heck of a fish. Pond looks great in the background as well.
Posted By: SteveHummert

Re: New Ribbit Lake Record - 03/28/20 01:56 PM

Congrats Brandon, that makes all that hard work worthwhile thumb
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: New Ribbit Lake Record - 04/03/20 12:25 PM

Well done. Not a lot of people get to raise a 10 pounder.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: New Ribbit Lake Record - 04/03/20 03:21 PM

fishGreat fish,...you need to work on a big smile when ya catch a giant,.. lol_2
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: New Ribbit Lake Record - 05/08/20 03:05 AM

Nice fish. cheers
Posted By: Flags

Re: New Ribbit Lake Record - 05/19/20 02:12 PM

Nice bass.
Posted By: cellis

Re: New Ribbit Lake Record - 05/19/20 02:23 PM

Congrats on the catch! Great-looking pond, too.
Posted By: Burbarry

Re: New Ribbit Lake Record - 05/19/20 02:55 PM

I want to fish that lake. It looks like some big girls could be in there. Nice catch

Re: New Ribbit Lake Record - 05/19/20 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Burbarry
I want to fish that lake. It looks like some big girls could be in there. Nice catch

So far this yr three 10's have been caught and several 7-8lb fish
Posted By: Big C

Re: New Ribbit Lake Record - 05/19/20 06:57 PM

Nice catch, dude.
Posted By: TryHard

Re: New Ribbit Lake Record - 11/09/20 04:35 PM

How long has it been since your first fish stocking out there, or was there an existing population when you took over? I'd love to hear about how you're managing it to achieve these results.

Well done~!

Re: New Ribbit Lake Record - 11/09/20 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by TryHard
How long has it been since your first fish stocking out there, or was there an existing population when you took over? I'd love to hear about how you're managing it to achieve these results.

Well done~!

Thanks. We started from scratch. We gave the bait fish three yrs to establish themselves. Then we stocked with Camelot Bells. Starting in yr 3 we started culling fish 14" or under. This will be yr 6 since we stocked. We have upped our culling to 18" ( if they are lacking growth for size ie unhealthy) and down with the vast majority being under 15" We try to remove 250-300 bass a yr.

And the lake record as of now is 11.lb 3oz caught by a friends of mines wife.
Posted By: TryHard

Re: New Ribbit Lake Record - 11/12/20 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by BrandoA

Well done~!

Thanks. We started from scratch. We gave the bait fish three yrs to establish themselves. Then we stocked with Camelot Bells. Starting in yr 3 we started culling fish 14" or under. This will be yr 6 since we stocked. We have upped our culling to 18" ( if they are lacking growth for size ie unhealthy) and down with the vast majority being under 15" We try to remove 250-300 bass a yr.

Expanding populations can be pretty magical. Also, Kudos to y’all for giving your forage base so much lead time. I bet y’all can almost walk on the bait this time of year. Do y’all add any supplemental forage? Tilapia, Trout, crawfish, Threadfin, etc? They’ve also got some new super genetics coming out of Georgia/Alabama called “Titan Bass.” They’re supposed to start getting data back on those next year.

Re: New Ribbit Lake Record - 11/12/20 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by BrandoA

Well done~!

Expanding populations can be pretty magical. Also, Kudos to y’all for giving your forage base so much lead time. I bet y’all can almost walk on the bait this time of year. Do y’all add any supplemental forage? Tilapia, Trout, crawfish, Threadfin, etc? They’ve also got some new super genetics coming out of Georgia/Alabama called “Titan Bass.” They’re supposed to start getting data back on those next year.

I have supplemented with threadfin and gizzards.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: New Ribbit Lake Record - 01/19/21 12:48 PM

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum