Texas Fishing Forum

What's happening at PK?

Posted By: k.l.white

What's happening at PK? - 11/02/17 03:16 AM

Headed up to PK for the first time in a couple weeks. Any advice for this time of year?
Posted By: David Burton

Re: What's happening at PK? - 11/02/17 04:38 AM

Look out for deer in the river channel! Saw what I thought was a tree, slowed down, and diverted to see shoulders swimming on a decent sized buck.
Posted By: RudiTexas

Re: What's happening at PK? - 11/02/17 05:09 AM

that’s so funny!! I was out last weekend on pk with a buddy and there was a buck swimming across the mainlake, over by caddo
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: What's happening at PK? - 11/02/17 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: RudiTexas
that’s so funny!! I was out last weekend on pk with a buddy and there was a buck swimming across the mainlake, over by caddo

I guess he was done and on the way back home!
Posted By: Chet

Re: What's happening at PK? - 11/02/17 02:57 PM

PK a few weeks ago. Blow it up and you will find a 10pt buck and 3 or 4 young 8pts. Along with 5 or 6 doe. What you can't see is 15 or 20 more deer to the right as well as the home owner mowing his yard 50 ft. from the deer..

Posted By: 361V

Re: What's happening at PK? - 11/02/17 03:50 PM

Wish I could give you some great news but PK was tough for me about a week ago. I took my father and expected the cooler nights/water temps would have the bass active. We had to work hard and there was no real pattern to the fish. Couple off topwaters, few off squarebills, few off soft plastics... Kind of a grind to get what we got. They definitely were not in the backs of creeks when we went. It's November, ought to be getting great but with these forecasted record highs the next few days who knows?
Posted By: k.l.white

Re: What's happening at PK? - 11/03/17 02:48 PM

Thanks for the info. Hopefully we'll find a few. It looks like maybe we'll have good cool weather for the next week or so. I'm hoping the bite will pick up.
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: What's happening at PK? - 11/03/17 08:05 PM

Shows low 90s for the high on Sunday, but one day next week supposed to be in the 50s with a cool rain. That might kick something off
Posted By: jcarring99

Re: What's happening at PK? - 11/03/17 09:28 PM

If you're fishing the west division high school tourney I would be careful about soliciting information. Just FYI. I will be in Mexico so I don't really care, but there will be some who do. lol
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: What's happening at PK? - 11/03/17 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: jcarring99
If you're fishing the west division high school tourney I would be careful about soliciting information. Just FYI. I will be in Mexico so I don't really care, but there will be some who do. lol

Right.. My grandson is fishing the Western Division.. Fish 80 foot of water with a top water. roflmao He
He placed 2nd at R.R. last tournament.

Posted By: pil,b

Re: What's happening at PK? - 11/03/17 11:44 PM

How many boats do they expect for this tournament ? fish
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: What's happening at PK? - 11/04/17 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: pil,b
How many boats do they expect for this tournament ? fish

Typically around 230
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: What's happening at PK? - 11/04/17 01:51 PM

Rutting bucks can smell a doe in heat from over a mile away. That's about the only thing that will get them to do "dumb" things like expose themselves for that long a period.
When I was in high school during the 60's, the BRA opened up the PK peninsula to bow hunting to the public. There were people coming down from all over to hunt these tame deer. There was more than one buck bow shot out of a boat. Actions like these eventually closed the peninsula to hunting.
We were night fishing one time under a full moon, and I saw a big buck out in the middle of the lake swimming to the other shore. Under a full moon it was a beautiful thing to see. Nothing stops "mother nature"
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum