Texas Fishing Forum

Helping others

Posted By: Joel McBride

Helping others - 10/31/17 02:45 AM

Took 2 of my daughters and my new son in law looking for hybrids on the Lew about 6 miles from the ramp the engine decides its gonna quit. We used the trolling motor back across the main lake....south end and windy. We waved down Lonnie in the blue and white cobalt and he towed us the rest of the way. The new son in law used the net to wave him over. Good guy helping others.

He would not accept any money.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Helping others - 10/31/17 09:59 AM

WTG, Lonnie! You helped a great guy that I know would stop and help anyone else. Glad you made it back, Joel.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Helping others - 10/31/17 12:27 PM

That whole do unto others thing really works. Well done Lonnie! Great story Joel
Posted By: Banker Fisherman

Re: Helping others - 10/31/17 12:30 PM

That's the one thing that I see as a constant in the fishing community...yea you will have the occasional "not-so-nice" person, but a majority of anglers are right there at attention to help one another.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Helping others - 11/01/17 12:58 AM

If you have a boat, you will need help. It's not a matter of if, but when. I have been the "puller" and the "pullee". I have never been able to pay anyone for helping me and I don't want someone else's money.

Pay it forward.
Posted By: laserfish

Re: Helping others - 11/01/17 06:05 PM

I have been on both ends of the string! That is why I never pass someone up who needs the help. Not like you can walk back to the marina!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Helping others - 11/01/17 06:32 PM

It's good to know people still care and want to help.

FYI, towing from that cleat like that is a good way to capsize a boat. Always use the bow eye if possible.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum