Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin buys Navionics

Posted By: Chato

Garmin buys Navionics - 10/27/17 04:54 PM

Just read this..true?
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Garmin buys Navionics - 10/27/17 05:15 PM

If so it sure would help the mapping on the Garmins.
Posted By: 96speed

Re: Garmin buys Navionics - 10/27/17 05:29 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2017/10/27/garmin-acquires-navionics.html
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Garmin buys Navionics - 10/27/17 06:00 PM

http://newsroom.garmin.com/press-release/featured-releases/garmin-acquires-navionics
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Garmin buys Navionics - 10/27/17 06:35 PM

Great,..now I can get Navionic maps for to fit my Garmin... pollo
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Garmin buys Navionics - 10/27/17 06:45 PM

For Garmin, I believe this move ranks right up there with Panoptix. This will give them an even bigger share of the marine electronics market.

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Garmin buys Navionics - 10/27/17 08:12 PM

Yep. This is awesome news for us Garmin owners!
Posted By: Nathan_Flovin

Re: Garmin buys Navionics - 10/27/17 09:11 PM

now I can use navionics instead of the garmin maps.
Posted By: Pitch

Re: Garmin buys Navionics - 10/27/17 10:51 PM

This should hopefully put the pressure on Lowrance to offer a reliable/functional product like panoptics or hummingbird 360 but hope all the Lowrance owners don't encounter compatibility issues with their Lowrance Units using Garmin/Navionics mapping in the future? Garmin and Lowrance have certainly had their issues/lawsuits in the past.
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Garmin buys Navionics - 10/27/17 10:55 PM

I'm excited!
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Garmin buys Navionics - 10/30/17 09:50 PM

This is 100% true, but no details have come out about the deal yet as far as time frame on Garmin units being able to take a Navionics card. I would assume it is just a software update, since all it was was a software update that they used to block some of the new cards that came out for Garmin last year. As I know more, I will share.
Posted By: LearnedHat

Re: Garmin buys Navionics - 10/30/17 10:13 PM

Maybe Navionics customer service will get better. They are always willing to help but I think they are out of Italy or something and it can get frustrating. I wish they could find a way to protect their data but make it more flexible and user friendly to work with. Updating your chip with "freshest data" was a pain for me.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Garmin buys Navionics - 10/31/17 12:16 AM

They really have to give current owners access to the map data from navionics. Either they will have to add it to the Garmin mapping or make the units accept the navionics maps. It would be a total slap in the face to own the tech and not make it available to your current customers. I wish they would say though. I will probably sell all my stuff and switch over if I can get navionics on the garmins.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Garmin buys Navionics - 10/31/17 12:53 AM

Really would like to be able to run the navionics on my units, 2ould be really cool if you could overlay the maps.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum