Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing survey

Posted By: KHS fisher

Fishing survey - 10/26/17 02:56 PM

Greeting! We are seniors at Keller high school doing a year long project in engineering design class and are thinking of developing an innovation to the fishing rod. We have made a short survey to do market research. We would appreciate if you would take the survey below to help out our research.

Fishing survey
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: Fishing survey - 10/26/17 03:06 PM

Done! Good luck with whatever y'all are doing.
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Fishing survey - 10/26/17 03:11 PM

Good luck with the project and interesting topic.
I think it would be helpful to have comment sections on the questions or the end to collect more information or suggestions if that is possible in the survey.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Fishing survey - 10/26/17 03:14 PM

Done
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Fishing survey - 10/26/17 03:19 PM

Done. Good luck.
Posted By: Bass N Beer

Re: Fishing survey - 10/26/17 03:21 PM

Done. Good Luck.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Fishing survey - 10/26/17 03:25 PM

done. my thought(last question) was that having a hook retainer that "doesn't" have the hook scraping against the blank would be nice.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Fishing survey - 10/26/17 03:26 PM

Hey, i scored a 100! Lol
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Fishing survey - 10/26/17 03:28 PM

Old concept that never made it. Did the due. Thanks for sharing
Posted By: Stikslinger

Re: Fishing survey - 10/26/17 03:38 PM

Done. Good luck
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Fishing survey - 10/26/17 03:42 PM

thumb Survey completed.
Posted By: JeffLStevens

Re: Fishing survey - 10/26/17 04:37 PM

I scored 100% too...made my day!
Posted By: yandeltx

Re: Fishing survey - 10/26/17 05:02 PM

I am counting on your group to design me a rod that catches more fish, has built in gps, side imaging, and spot locks the boat. I know this is a tall task but I believe in your team. Now get to work.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Fishing survey - 10/26/17 05:48 PM

C/w
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Fishing survey - 10/26/17 08:41 PM

Good job guys; keep up the good work.
Posted By: Thinwater skinner

Re: Fishing survey - 10/26/17 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: yandeltx
I am counting on your group to design me a rod that catches more fish, has built in gps, side imaging, and spot locks the boat. I know this is a tall task but I believe in your team. Now get to work.

yep that just about covers it!!!
Posted By: feedman

Re: Fishing survey - 10/26/17 09:10 PM

I bought my 2 year old boy a little spider man rod that the line goes through the rod, Best thing ever invented for kids. No tangles and knots. Sounds similar to what you are working on from the survey questions. I think it would definitely have its place in the fishing industry.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Fishing survey - 10/26/17 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: feedman
I bought my 2 year old boy a little spider man rod that the line goes through the rod, Best thing ever invented for kids. No tangles and knots. Sounds similar to what you are working on from the survey questions. I think it would definitely have its place in the fishing industry.

I bought my Grand daughter one after seeing it on tv. It lasted one trip and we both hated it. I vowed to never buy another thru rod again. Before that I had always wondered why someone didn't sell one
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Fishing survey - 10/27/17 12:00 AM

Done
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Fishing survey - 10/27/17 01:03 PM

On a line thru rod biggest concern I would have is- "how do you thread the line thru???" like mono or flouro sure has some rigidity and might make it 7' but braid??? no way that stuff would push thru!

Re: Fishing survey - 10/30/17 02:50 PM

Thanks everyone for the responses! We have been researching past designs of Daiwa's "interline" rods from the 90's. It was a unique concept but had several flaws in the design that caused it not to sell well. Daiwa eventually decided to just ditch the concept instead of improving it. Picking up where they left off is one of our project ideas.

Re: Fishing survey - 10/30/17 02:52 PM

Past designs had a thin wire that would help thread the line through the blank.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Fishing survey - 10/30/17 05:49 PM

I like the idea of the ones made for using sabiki rigs.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Fishing survey - 11/01/17 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: KHS fisher
Past designs had a thin wire that would help thread the line through the blank.

Correct, it came with a wire cable with a loop on one end and that helped you thread the line through the rod. I had one and did not notice any better casting distance with it. Your line will sustain more friction when the rod is under a load because the line will be touching a long section of the inside of the rod when it is under a load. I no longer have the rod but I still think I have the wire. LOL
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Fishing survey - 11/01/17 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: KHS fisher
Thanks everyone for the responses! We have been researching past designs of Daiwa's "interline" rods from the 90's. It was a unique concept but had several flaws in the design that caused it not to sell well. Daiwa eventually decided to just ditch the concept instead of improving it. Picking up where they left off is one of our project ideas.

It was a neat concept. The rod felt good and casted well but as soon as the inner walls of the rod blank got really wet it killed the distance. The first one I used was in a parking lot with a casting plug. Worked great! After a few casts in the lake, distance suffered dramatically. That's why they killed it.
Posted By: Larry Mosby

Re: Fishing survey - 11/01/17 01:54 PM

Done!
Posted By: lucky55

Re: Fishing survey - 11/01/17 11:47 PM

done popcorn
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Fishing survey - 11/02/17 12:12 AM

I have a rod without guides....its for sabiki rigs banana
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: Fishing survey - 11/02/17 01:45 AM

I took the survey. I'm sure that the rod companies that ventured in that endeavor spent a small fortune trying to get it perfected. Would be great if some high school could figure it out. Good luck.
Posted By: k.l.white

Re: Fishing survey - 11/05/17 03:48 AM

Done. Good luck.
Posted By: Marooned

Re: Fishing survey - 11/05/17 06:33 PM

Done. Good project.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum