Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for guide Lake Austin

Posted By: X-spect

Looking for guide Lake Austin - 10/25/17 02:49 AM

Buddy and I would like to fish Lake Austin if its still viable with the whole grass carp thing. Shoot me some recommendations for guides. Or if Travis/MF/LBJ/INKS/BuK would be better, whatever
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Looking for guide Lake Austin - 10/25/17 03:01 AM

Austin,LBJ,Travis, Inks or Buchanan. Mike Hastings at Git Bit Guide Service. 512-773-7401. Long time guide in Central Texas. Contact him & let him know what kind of trip you are looking for. Bass, Hybrids etc. Ask about his Central Texas Slam trip. I can't exactly remember, but I think it's Largemouth, Smallmouth, Guadalupe & maybe Spotted Bass all in one day. Ask him about it & tell him Curtis Johnson referred you. He's a great guide & A-one person. You won't regret meeting & fishing with him.
Posted By: X-spect

Re: Looking for guide Lake Austin - 10/25/17 03:12 AM

10-4 will call him
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Looking for guide Lake Austin - 10/25/17 04:10 AM

Charles Whited is a stick on those lakes and always angler of the year or close on Basschamps central.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Looking for guide Lake Austin - 10/25/17 11:54 AM

Charles whited is the only guy I'd call. If he isn't available then ander meine. He fishes the lakes around austin. Lake Austin would be last on my list. Travis is fishing good. Took 19lbs to win the Tuesday nighter
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Looking for guide Lake Austin - 10/25/17 02:48 PM

Charles Whited, hands down. He's the man in Central Texas! LA is fishing tough. I'd go to Travis or LBJ as they're fishing well right now. Buchanan gets an honorable mention.
Posted By: Jamoke

Re: Looking for guide Lake Austin - 10/25/17 03:30 PM

Charles took a soldier out for free on Lake Belton for the recent Fishing for Freedom tournament Oct 14th). They won the tournament and the soldier won a 30K boat. They also won the BB pot. Their total weight on Belton for 5 fish was 20.67 lbs, they beat the nearest team by over 5 lbs. If you know anything about Belton it is a tough lake, rarely does anyone get a bag that big on Belton. I don't know them man personally but I respect that he took time out of his week to prepare and to take a soldier out for an event like this all for free. That would be enough in my book to go out with him... If you are reading this thanks Mr Whitted!!!
Posted By: Pigeon

Re: Looking for guide Lake Austin - 10/26/17 11:40 AM

Mike, great guide and guy, used him three times, always caught fish.
Posted By: ShawnT

Re: Looking for guide Lake Austin - 10/26/17 01:13 PM

Charles Whited's resume pretty much speaks for itself. He's not only a great fisherman (probably the best in central Texas) but is a fun person to fish with.

http://www.barefootfishingtours.com/
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Looking for guide Lake Austin - 10/26/17 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: ShawnT
Charles Whited's resume pretty much speaks for itself. He's not only a great fisherman (probably the best in central Texas) but is a fun person to fish with.

http://www.barefootfishingtours.com/

Agreed. Charles is a great guy to be around. Very personable.
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Looking for guide Lake Austin - 10/27/17 12:10 AM

Charles Whited.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum