Texas Fishing Forum

Pros and cons Berkley big bass

Posted By: CartersFishingAdventures

Pros and cons Berkley big bass - 10/23/17 11:40 AM

lets hear out the pros and cons between Berkley big bass tournament (bass champs) and big bass splash (bob sealy)

I fished the Berkley tournament my first time this weekend and it was exceptional setup.

providing 100 plus seating for audience.
covered seating from rain and sun.
aerators and good water at holding tanks.
ice cold water in a tub for anybody at weigh in (free)
didn't have to have a card to weigh in. they look you up on computer. easy.
cameras and media around make you feel like a pro.

lets hear yalls stories of the weekend and what yall liked.

Posted By: Charlie Floyd

Re: Pros and cons Berkley big bass - 10/23/17 02:11 PM

Also fished and had a great time, yes we weighted in 3 times with prizes to prove it. Yes always a great set up and wonderful people but my only dislike was found out that it is legal for those fishing to hire professional guides up to the day before the tournament starts ? Is this fair? Actually hear on radio a fishing guide talking about 4 people her took out last week and all 4 were in the money chairs ?? What do you think ? should we all hire guides ?
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Pros and cons Berkley big bass - 10/23/17 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Charlie Floyd
Also fished and had a great time, yes we weighted in 3 times with prizes to prove it. Yes always a great set up and wonderful people but my only dislike was found out that it is legal for those fishing to hire professional guides up to the day before the tournament starts ? Is this fair? Actually hear on radio a fishing guide talking about 4 people her took out last week and all 4 were in the money chairs ?? What do you think ? should we all hire guides ?

This happens in most, if not all, of the big tournaments. BASS opens and the elites used to do it before the rule change of this year. It can be done in the Opens up till official practice four days before the event. The elites could do it up until their off limits which was a month before the event.
Posted By: PaPa@fork

Re: Pros and cons Berkley big bass - 10/23/17 02:53 PM

popcorn2
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Pros and cons Berkley big bass - 10/23/17 03:01 PM

If the rules allow it, then it is what it is. People are in their rights to take advantage of the guides.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Pros and cons Berkley big bass - 10/23/17 03:04 PM

I believe the Berkley lets guides fish, or they did.. I didn't fish this year, my old buddy Don Hampton fished it, he is or was a guide on fork. He's fished it since day one.... The guide deal has been debated many times, for many years.
Posted By: JBranham

Re: Pros and cons Berkley big bass - 10/23/17 04:08 PM

I/We had a great time and got to go through the weigh in line 7 times between my partner and I. Would have been 8 but one measured over 16" on the tournament board but checked out fine on my own board so we didn't get in trouble for it, just couldn't weigh it in at that point.

We ended up cashing checks 3 times and won 3 rods as well, we were busy to say the least.

Great weather, except for Sunday morning but we stuck it out and it payed off as we weighed in 2 in the 8am hour and won on both entries.

Can't wait to do it again!
Posted By: SkeeterEater

Re: Pros and cons Berkley big bass - 10/23/17 04:17 PM

How many entries were there this year?
Posted By: pacertom

Re: Pros and cons Berkley big bass - 10/23/17 04:21 PM

1100 entries

Cons - having the Under boat fish for 6 hours then hear "A new Under leader at the 1pm hour" smile

Pro - Going from my backseat in last year's Berkeley to the Under Winner, DEF a Pro , happy for ya D.

Posted By: Dr. Drop

Re: Pros and cons Berkley big bass - 10/23/17 06:57 PM

Wow that's a lot of fishermen.! eeks
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Pros and cons Berkley big bass - 10/23/17 09:34 PM

cons: a million boats on everything
pros: are good payouts
Posted By: Dabaker421

Re: Pros and cons Berkley big bass - 10/24/17 04:31 PM

Pros - great payouts, well ran tourney, great people (99% of them anyways)
Cons - Everything else lol
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: Pros and cons Berkley big bass - 10/24/17 04:59 PM

Well run tournament but 99.9 kmoo needs to get broadcasters that at least know something about fishing. I heard one of them say he didn't know what a over was and then at one point they thought you could keep fish overnight and weigh them in on Sunday.
Posted By: JBranham

Re: Pros and cons Berkley big bass - 10/24/17 05:03 PM

Yea I heard that too.

My partner and I looked at each other thinking, what did he just say!?
Posted By: Joe Todd

Re: Pros and cons Berkley big bass - 10/24/17 05:15 PM

In my opinion there were no cons. A well run tournament. My hats off to the BC staff!!
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Pros and cons Berkley big bass - 10/24/17 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: crankbait745
Well run tournament but 99.9 kmoo needs to get broadcasters that at least know something about fishing. I heard one of them say he didn't know what a over was and then at one point they thought you could keep fish overnight and weigh them in on Sunday.

I know most of the staff at KMOO and they don't fish...but other than that, they are great folks. They do a lot for the community.
Getting your info from the media today is foolhardy. Read the rules that are in black and white.
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: Pros and cons Berkley big bass - 10/24/17 07:48 PM

I'm not saying they are not good people,just think maybe they could bring in maybe a special correspondent just for the fishing tournament. I don't think anybody would want me doing commentary on a basketball game since I don't watch or play the game. Just saying.
Posted By: Dabaker421

Re: Pros and cons Berkley big bass - 10/24/17 08:06 PM

Yes 99.9 broadcasters were HORRIBLE. I did not enjoy listening to those two all day long. Of course everything Bass Champs is always good. biggest con was the Weather!!
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Pros and cons Berkley big bass - 10/24/17 08:21 PM

Pro's- Fishvibes won a boat
Con's- I didn't get to fish it, maybe next time
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum