Texas Fishing Forum

Learning Lavon, Ramps

Posted By: Jigfish

Learning Lavon, Ramps - 10/23/17 11:00 AM

Now that I live in Wylie and Lavon so close it's time to start fishing there. I keep my boat next to Wylie East High School. What is the closes ramp and any other information you want to share, i.e. danger or just good ole fishing holes. thanks
Posted By: SnakeEyes

Re: Learning Lavon, Ramps - 10/23/17 11:24 AM

sent you a PM
Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog

Re: Learning Lavon, Ramps - 10/23/17 03:13 PM

Probably Avalon or East Fork.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Learning Lavon, Ramps - 10/23/17 03:57 PM

I s E Fork open?
Posted By: Mulkey

Re: Learning Lavon, Ramps - 10/23/17 04:34 PM

Yes East fork is open
Posted By: DuctsZX250

Re: Learning Lavon, Ramps - 10/23/17 04:37 PM

Are both East Fork ramps open now?
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Learning Lavon, Ramps - 10/23/17 05:53 PM

any dangers to know about?
Posted By: Resh

Re: Learning Lavon, Ramps - 10/23/17 06:07 PM

Not really unless you try and cut points too short or run too close to shore. I can't really think of any specifics that'll just jump out and bite ya. Some of the arms have more timber in them further out than you'd expect, but main lake is pretty easy
Posted By: Tracker Tim

Re: Learning Lavon, Ramps - 10/23/17 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: DuctsZX250
Are both East Fork ramps open now?

No
Posted By: FlatBack4

Re: Learning Lavon, Ramps - 10/23/17 06:37 PM

Be careful running at any speed beyond slow if you're not very familiar with either of the northern branches. There are many sub-surface widow-makers up there that will absolutely ruin your day. Now that the lake is down two-feet from full, there are more hidden dangers.
Posted By: addicted

Re: Learning Lavon, Ramps - 10/23/17 06:38 PM

I use East Fork because of the PITA is is to get to the free Lavonia Ramp. I bought a yearly pass to get into the park. I got it before they raised the price, I think it's about $80 now.

Avalon and the East Fork ramp at the Marina is closed due to repair work from the floods a few years ago.
Posted By: MV

Re: Learning Lavon, Ramps - 10/23/17 07:12 PM

buy a park pass.
Posted By: Resh

Re: Learning Lavon, Ramps - 10/23/17 09:07 PM

Do check the Lavon website that lists open and closed ramps, some of the best comedy I've read in years.

"Avalon Park, closed due to, um, too many.. wait too few rocks on the left side of the ramp. And we don't have anyone to pick up 5 of them and move them to the right"
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Learning Lavon, Ramps - 10/23/17 09:08 PM

Jfish, I sent you my nephews number awhile back. Call him and ask him about Lavon, don't know that he will share any spots but he can help you get the lay of the land. He's spent a lot of time on there in the last 20yrs and catches some toads out of there.
Posted By: anthonyhicks101

Re: Learning Lavon, Ramps - 10/24/17 10:32 AM

Most everything you see in this video is not visible at normal pool. This can give you an idea of what can be under you, on any lake for that matter. This video is from the west arm of the lake, well south of the little bridge. Probably halfway between the little bridge and the dam.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum