Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork guide recommendation

Posted By: Aimhigh

Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 02:00 AM

I would like to take advantage of the fall bass fishing on Fork and need a guide. I've researched guide services on the internet and still feel like I'm making a blind choice. I would imagine most all are top notch but I would love a recommendation or two.

I'm new to the forum (as of today) and hope this kind of question is ok. Would like to fish within the next 30 days. Am retired so I'm pretty flexible on dates. Looking at 2 days of fishing.

Great forum!
Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 02:09 AM

Marc Mitchell
Posted By: White Oak Skeeter

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 03:01 AM

James Niggemeyer
Mark Pack
Marc Mitchell
Posted By: skeeterdale

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 11:06 AM

Greg West
Posted By: Kristopher Douglas.

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 11:42 AM

Eric wright.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Aimhigh
I would like to take advantage of the fall bass fishing on Fork and need a guide. I've researched guide services on the internet and still feel like I'm making a blind choice. I would imagine most all are top notch but I would love a recommendation or two.

I'm new to the forum (as of today) and hope this kind of question is ok. Would like to fish within the next 30 days. Am retired so I'm pretty flexible on dates. Looking at 2 days of fishing.

Great forum!

there are so many. what are you wanting to learn, or how would you like to catch them are the first 2 questions I would ask myself before deciding.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 01:16 PM

There are several guides that are outstanding on Fork that DO NOT come to this site. Most names you are going to get from here are the ones that post on here.
Let the "Search feature" be your friend.
Questions you need to ask yourself
1) What am I needing a guide for?
2) You just want to catch fish
3) Learn specific techniques
4) Seasonal patterns
5) Electronics

You get the drift

Target the guide that fits your objectives the most, they all have their niches.
Posted By: BradB511

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: skeeterdale
Greg West

I second Greg. Can send you his number via PM.
Posted By: Freecobasser

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 01:39 PM

Brian Duplechain
Posted By: bo tbo

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 01:44 PM

Lee Livesay, he is a great guy.
Posted By: SilverTR20

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 02:23 PM

I would go with Mark Pack and I live on the lake. There are a lot of really good guides out here but I think Mark is consistently the best.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 03:14 PM

Great forum!

Going to send you a private message. It'll be the little blinking icon up at the top of the page under "My Stuff"
Posted By: Aimhigh

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 03:18 PM

Thanks for the replies and recommendations. I am looking to have a good time and maybe catch a DD fish. I'm a semi decent fisherman, fish smaller lakes in northern Oklahoma and want to reward myself for a recent retirement. Always wanted to fish King Fork!
Posted By: CubbyObrien

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 03:26 PM

Whitt Smith, Smith is a retired Carrolton PD detective, funny guy with some awesome stories!
Posted By: Fork-LegendV21

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 08:32 PM

A lot of good ones like previously mentioned. Don't forget about Jason Hoffman / Andrew Grills or Zach Hughes! I also live in the lake to
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.

Great forum!

Going to send you a private message. It'll be the little blinking icon up at the top of the page under "My Stuff"

Ken is a former top notch guide on Fork and knows'em all. I would take advantage of his knowledge and willingness to share.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 09:04 PM

Have used several and all were great but my two favorite ones are Ritchie White and Mark Pack. Ritchie does great night trips in the summer.
Posted By: ForkedJames

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 09:23 PM

Never go wrong with using James Caldemeyer
903-736-9888
Posted By: scottsoutdoorworld

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: ForkedJames
Never go wrong with using James Caldemeyer
903-736-9888
x2
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 09:38 PM

welcome
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/20/17 10:27 PM

West or Livesay
Posted By: One fish Bill

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/21/17 12:25 PM

Tony Clark one of the best.
Posted By: Fishinchristian

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/21/17 01:44 PM

Larry Lovell
Posted By: Dr JL

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/22/17 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Originally Posted By: Ken A.

Great forum!

Ken is a former top notch guide on Fork and knows'em all. I would take advantage of his knowledge and willingness to share.

I agree
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/22/17 02:06 AM

I believe the last of the guides to put a customer on a 13 on a guide trip this time of year was Lee Livesee, if he isn't already booked he stays booked up for a reason. I would use him this time of year if your goal is to catch a DD this time of year. I would say their are a few good guides if you want to catch fish and a chance at a big fish. I will say this if you are catching fish on fork with any of these guides you are only a throwing away from a DD. Good Luck either way
Posted By: Core Fishing Team

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/22/17 02:48 AM

Rick Carter or Larry Lovell. Both great guides
Posted By: Bass98

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/23/17 08:24 PM

Lots of good guides on the lake. I like Eric Wright. He's put us on fish and I've learned something every time I've been out with him. He runs a ton of trips out there.
Posted By: Mark in Frisco

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/24/17 12:24 AM

I would never put anything over a recommendation by Ken A because he has always done so much to help anybody that will ask.
I can say that I have never paid one dime to James Caldemeyer, but he is one of the finest people you will ever meet - on and off the water. James had a boat storage across the lot from mine, and he helped me buy some new Interstate batteries on the windiest day of the spring some years back. He went way out of his way to help me for no reason at all other than pure kindness.
Posted By: ditchpickel21

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/24/17 01:42 AM

Eric wright hands down he works hard to get you on fish.
Posted By: Weo

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/24/17 12:43 PM

Eddie Garrett. contact him here: BassFishingWithEddie.com - 972.979.4850
Posted By: teambassmanager

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/24/17 11:21 PM

Livesay last one to put someone on a sharelunker out the lake smile
Posted By: rscustomrods

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/25/17 02:06 PM

Last week I fished with Whitt Smith and James Niggemeyer. Both are great guys and excellent fishermen. Whitt has really been on the fish for the last several months

However, if I wanted to learn my electronics and wanted to catch a giant I would consider Mike Mcfarland. The guy knows loawrance better than anyone I have ever fished with. He has also pu in the ti,e in the last few years and knows where the big fish hide on fork.

All of the guides on fork are studs. My opinion is just one of many. Find the one that you like and just go have fun.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/25/17 03:32 PM

Great forum!

welcome to the forum and best of luck on Fork.
Posted By: Eric Wright, Lake Fork Guide

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/25/17 03:35 PM

Lets go...
Posted By: Fish2222

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/25/17 10:18 PM

Make sure you do not dial Joe Ford's number..... you'll regret it.

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/26/17 12:07 AM

Mark Stevenson
Posted By: junk baits

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/26/17 01:30 AM

James Caldemeyer>>enough said!
Posted By: gapple

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/26/17 02:12 AM

Whitt Smith Lake Fork Big Bass Guide Service.
Get bit with Whitt

Anything from fishing to electronics.

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 10/27/17 04:00 PM

Tony Clark
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 11/02/17 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: rscustomrods
Last week I fished with Whitt Smith and James Niggemeyer. Both are great guys and excellent fishermen. Whitt has really been on the fish for the last several months

However, if I wanted to learn my electronics and wanted to catch a giant I would consider Mike Mcfarland. The guy knows loawrance better than anyone I have ever fished with. He has also pu in the ti,e in the last few years and knows where the big fish hide on fork.

All of the guides on fork are studs. My opinion is just one of many. Find the one that you like and just go have fun.

I have friends that have fished with a lot of the guides and Whitt Smith is right up there with them. Whitt my not be as well known as
of the Big names but he will put you on fish. Give Whitt and try and you will catch some good fish.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 11/02/17 05:22 PM

Thurman Selman
Posted By: Flint Kyler

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 11/02/17 05:25 PM

Which guide goes on your boat to teach and set up electronics. Need help with hummingbird solix
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 11/02/17 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Flint Kyler
Which guide goes on your boat to teach and set up electronics. Need help with hummingbird solix

Slade Doughtry - 817-797-8762
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Lake Fork guide recommendation - 11/02/17 11:58 PM

One more thing. With the Info Mr. Whitt Smith gave us I almost caught an over. She went 23 7/8 and was around 8 lbs in the Berkley Big bass tournament. Thanks for the info sir...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum