Texas Fishing Forum

Making first trip to Lake Gilmer Thursday

Posted By: Ranger Z118

Making first trip to Lake Gilmer Thursday - 10/17/17 03:01 PM

Was hoping to get some info on the lake and if it has any grass or timber? I understand it is small, but can you run it. Any info on the lake or how it is fishing would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,

Brian
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: Making first trip to Lake Gilmer Thursday - 10/17/17 03:21 PM

Lots of timber on the lake. Only a few places you can run but won't take you long to cover the lake either. Idle and watch your graph going to the lake during the week should mean you don't really want to just run it. LOL

Good Luck I have heard that it is doing well but have not been there myself in a while.

Jody
Posted By: 410MAN

Re: Making first trip to Lake Gilmer Thursday - 10/17/17 03:35 PM

What weekender said, correct. it may look open but some stumps lurking. Look on Google or Bing maps you can see the lake in pictures.
Posted By: BAllen91

Re: Making first trip to Lake Gilmer Thursday - 10/17/17 05:32 PM

I fish Gilmer often, like the others said be careful. With that being said I do run the whole lake...you can run parallel to the road and once you get to the bridge of just past it take a hard right, there are a few visible stumps to avoid between there and the first pocket, I swing into that pocket just a little bit and then head for the high lines. There is on huge stump close to the high lines that you'll be able to see...after the lines its open, just don't run into any of the pockets.

BUT make sure you make a couple of idling passes first and get a good line to reference on your gps. This lake can bite you if you get too comfortable!!
Posted By: Ranger Z118

Re: Making first trip to Lake Gilmer Thursday - 10/18/17 12:12 AM

Thanks!
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Making first trip to Lake Gilmer Thursday - 10/18/17 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Ranger Z118
Thanks!

I have this little lake on my bucket list. Let is know how you do.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Making first trip to Lake Gilmer Thursday - 10/18/17 11:40 AM

Fun and Great little lake. You should have a blast. Good Luck `~<""><
Posted By: BAllen91

Re: Making first trip to Lake Gilmer Thursday - 10/18/17 12:47 PM

THERE ARE NO FISH IN GILMER! Just go to Fork!
Posted By: chas1

Re: Making first trip to Lake Gilmer Thursday - 10/18/17 08:58 PM

Fished it today for couple hours didn’t get a bite .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum