Texas Fishing Forum

CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND

Posted By: wagonwheel

CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/16/17 12:48 AM

I will be off for three days this weekend, (10/20 - 22). My wife has been wanting to go for a long weekend fishing trip. We are thinking about Caddo Lake or Broken Bow. Any thoughts on which one would be better this time of year as well as suggestions on where to stay (preferably on the lake). Thanks for any suggestions.
Posted By: mudd

Re: CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/16/17 01:10 AM

I'd probably go Broken Bow honestly. Caddo is so hit or miss it's crazy. Only been biting bout 2hrs a day lately. With this front idk what they will do but if u come caddo let me know. I will b out Saturday
Posted By: BASS COACH

Re: CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/16/17 01:28 AM

We been catching some nice ones on caddo, but is hard to get around. Good frog bite going on....in the right place.... downloading a pic on my Facebook.... Allen's guide and tour service....
the kind I'm catching....solid fun fish!
Posted By: Steven H

Re: CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/16/17 01:42 AM

Just got back an hour ago from 3 days at Broken Bow. Between the 2 of us we caught around 170 fishing 3 days from 8:00-Noon all on top water. Had a blast and thinking about heading back next weekend if I can manage another couple days off work.

Re: CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/16/17 01:52 AM

Well I ain't caught 170 in 12 hours of fishing eek

Re: CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/16/17 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: BASS COACH
Well I ain't caught 170 in 12 hours of fishing eek

Ain't worth making a drive to our lake right now which sucks. Most people from out of town wanna catch fish instantly when getting there. Plus none want deal with our mess. But heck of a nice punch bite I got on yesterday!!
Posted By: Steven H

Re: CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/16/17 02:06 AM

Definitely an experience I haven’t had either before now. We were fishing 60-80 fow and you would have thought it was sand bass schooling to see all the surface activity. It was our first trip up there but definitely not our last. No big ones to brag about but definitely had the numbers up to around 3 pounds.

Re: CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/16/17 02:10 AM

Yes Mudd....punch bite has been good as well....as far as dealing with our salivina...staying close or in LA is best!
Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/16/17 02:16 AM

Broken Bow.

Re: CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/16/17 02:20 AM

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Re: CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/16/17 02:22 AM

I kinda wanna go Broken Bow myself now roflmao

Re: CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/16/17 09:40 AM

WOW! Sounds like Broken Bow might be the place to go. Any suggestions on where to stay? Are there any cabins on the water?
Posted By: n_texas_basser

Re: CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/16/17 11:56 AM

I haven't hit that type of fishing timing-wise at Broken Bow for several years, it can be a blast, when they shut off on top, pull out a small to medium spoon and you can continue to whack them and typically they're a little bigger below the small ones. I have a cabin out there, and there are honestly a ton of them to choose from. Here's ours: http://beaversbendgetaways.com/cabins/dry-creek-lodge/

Good luck!
Posted By: Paul - Lake Fork

Re: CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/16/17 02:45 PM

http://www.wildernesslakefrontresort.com/index.html @ Broken Bow stayed here in June w/Family enjoyed it and caught a Bunch of Bass no Smallie's though north end of Lake.
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/16/17 06:56 PM

Think Broken Bow should fish pretty good this time of year; especially if your wife is fishing...the catching will be easier there if she can work a split shot senko or a whopper plopper
Posted By: TEXASJIGSTER

Re: CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/16/17 07:11 PM

Had 8 or 9 dinks Saturday in the river but had to work for them.I don't know about the LA side but when I go to big lake I have to fish out of my surface drive to get to the spots. It's a sickening site!

Re: CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/16/17 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: TEXASJIGSTER
Had 8 or 9 dinks Saturday in the river but had to work for them.I don't know about the LA side but when I go to big lake I have to fish out of my surface drive to get to the spots. It's a sickening site!

They bit better Sunday on river. 25lbs worth

Re: CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/17/17 09:44 AM

Thank you all for the information. Looks like Broken Bow it is. We will be staying at the State Park, hope we can at least catch a couple! It should be a relaxing weekend regardless.
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/17/17 09:58 AM

Be sure and hit Grateful Head Pizza, good food and fun vibe
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/17/17 11:59 AM

Broken Bow
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: CADDO OR BROKEN BOW--3 DAY WEEKEND - 10/17/17 12:42 PM

If you see a blue/white BassCat with a Yammie out there give me a holler.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum