Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine Lake

Posted By: slickjig69

Grapevine Lake - 10/10/17 01:54 AM

Been fishing there for years, mostly bank. Now have a boat, any pointers on where to catch the bass, and tackle, I don't want to give up on this lake because it's so close to my house and I've seen good size bass caught there. I just have bad luck looking for them. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: LearnedHat

Re: Grapevine Lake - 10/10/17 02:57 AM

I have only fished it three times but will be going more as the pwc and cruising season closes out.

I don't know but I am just going to try back of creeks and secondary points and pockets in spring and fall and try lake humps and dam rock in summer and winter and mix in a chunk rock and boulder transitioning to gravel or sandy beach next to deeper water year round.

I would guess square bill, spinners and jerk/baits in the shoulder season with t-rig, c-rig, jig, year round - topwater all year except winter.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Grapevine Lake - 10/10/17 03:00 AM

Numbers are fairly easy to come by right now, size is a different story overs are hard to come the dam is always good in the morning for s9me bites pick a crankbait you have confidence in and work it parallel. Caught about 15 Saturday within the first 30 minutes of day light biggest was about 3lb slot but still alot of action.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Grapevine Lake - 10/10/17 03:02 AM

Even caught 4 smallies

Posted By: m.sherman

Re: Grapevine Lake - 10/10/17 03:57 AM

U will have to learn seasonal patterns now that u can get around on the lake.start there right now fall is the back of creeks all the way back not so much coves but actual creeks that feed the lake should be where they r at
Posted By: slickjig69

Re: Grapevine Lake - 10/11/17 01:15 AM

Thanks guys for the info.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum