Texas Fishing Forum

Great Day @ Joe Pool

Posted By: Satio

Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/08/17 05:00 AM

Had one of my best days today...

Caught (9) including this 5.56 hog...

Really starting to have some success in using my HDS 9 and sorting out some good spots on my home lake.

Closed up the day with this last piece of the sunset.

God is good.

Back the blue.
Posted By: IIIMag

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/08/17 05:18 AM

Congrats. Pretty fish.
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/08/17 10:28 AM

Good deal. Hope I can do the same today down here.
Posted By: GriddleGrizzly

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/08/17 11:02 AM

Its gonna get real out there once the water temps drop a little more
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/08/17 12:51 PM

Nice when a plan comes together... congrats.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/08/17 01:38 PM

nice I have never been on Joe Pool
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/08/17 05:23 PM

Excellent job. Can you share the depth and baits? Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/08/17 06:16 PM

Heading to Pool this afternoon. Any pointers appreciated. Been doing pretty well down by the damn lately. Numbers but nothing big. At least the wind is down today.

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/08/17 06:23 PM

Watermelon seed Carolina Rig 20-25 feet drops along the southwest side towards second bridge

Diamond Dust Shad crank in 10 foot up in coves, this was what I pulled in my catch for the day on

Also fishing dock over by cedar hill state park

Also caught 8 crappie keepers in brush pile I've been fishing awhile now in 15 feet also near second bridge
Posted By: BigCaseyB206

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/09/17 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Satio
Watermelon seed Carolina Rig 20-25 feet drops along the southwest side towards second bridge

Diamond Dust Shad crank in 10 foot up in coves, this was what I pulled in my catch for the day on

Also fishing dock over by cedar hill state park

Also caught 8 crappie keepers in brush pile I've been fishing awhile now in 15 feet also near second bridge

When you say "second bridge" are you referring to the south bridge or the one at Lynn Creek Marina?
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/09/17 02:26 PM

Which Creek is the "second bridge" in.. Walnut or Lynn?

thanks
BD
Posted By: 361V

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/09/17 03:27 PM

Or Pool has two arms: an east and a west arm. Lake Ridge Parkway crosses both arms. Lynn Creek and Lloyd parks are both in the west arm which is the Walnut Creek arm. These two parks are on different sides of the west Lake Ridge Parkway bridge but both on that arm. Cedar Hill State Park is on the east arm or Mountain Creek arm of the lake and the Lake Ridge Parkway bridge on the east arm is just above the state park. If you would be talking about the "2nd" bridge" on the east arm you would be talking about the bridge in the far upper reaches of Mountain Creek past Britton Park. Nice fish by the way!

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/10/17 04:09 AM

For clarity, 361V has described the layout of JP well.

I always put in at Lloyd Park as I have an annual Grand Prairie Parks pass.

Lakeridge Parkway as stated crosses over the lake twice so my reference to second bridge is the bridge down the east arm closer to Britton Park but on the north side of that bridge before you cross under it.

Posted By: ToadThrower

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/10/17 12:49 PM

Good day for sure ...did you catch those in the morning or was it an afternoon/evening bite...I fish Joe Pool regularly,mostly morning...I am in a White Bass Cat Puma...give me a shout if you see me out there...hot bite for me has been carolina rig and drop shot around brush and underwater ridges.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/10/17 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Satio
Had one of my best days today...

Caught (9) including this 5.56 hog...

God is good.

Back the blue.

Great fish buddy!

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/10/17 01:07 PM

My best bass luck has been in the mornings.

On that day I caught most all but one bass in the morning.

Then I switched to fishing crappie in the afternoon then wrapped up the day tossing for bass again near sunset.

During recent months I would typically go during the week to not have to deal with the summer weekend warriors but it was not that crowded out there last weekend so perhaps we are on the downhill of summer crowds.

I am in an older Champion 176 I restored over last winter, Blue Flake Top Cap, White Hull with white Johnson 110 on the back.

Tight lines to all!
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/10/17 01:23 PM

Think I saw you Saturday was in red Basscat they quit biting for me after wind stayed out of the north
Posted By: GriddleGrizzly

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/10/17 02:40 PM

Bradnitro175, I think i saw you out there in a red cat saturday? I’m in a red/grey triton 20X3.

I’ve caught my fish in the last month out there drop shotting brushpiles in 17-20’. Caught a couple cranking deep but the only consistent thing i got going is the drop shot. Catching a bunch of FAT unders. June/July this year was ridiculous for me. The big girls are definitely there.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/10/17 06:41 PM

Satio, not trying to steal your thread but one more JP question. I was living in Cedar Hill back when JP was built/filled. Fished it tons and it was easy to run above the east Lakeridge Parkway bridge up past Britton Park. Trees were visible and there was even an accurate buoy system marking the path. I moved to God's country(Glen Rose/Somervell County) many years ago but have been coming back to JP some the last couple years. I guess old age has gotten to me because I remember nothing about navigating above the east bridge. Seemed like a mine field last time I went above that bridge. How is running between the two east bridges from Lakeridge Parkway to Britton Park? TY, 361V.

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/11/17 01:43 PM

361V, there are still some marker buoys for at least part of the way but there are ALOT of stumps hiding just under the water when you get back up in there closer to Britton.

My bass luck has been in deeper water during the summer given the water temps so I have not spent much time figuring out best navigation for that part of the lake but plan to explore it more now that it is cooling off.

There's plenty of cover and structure so you know it has to hold some fish and it is less fished given the effort to get back up in there.
Posted By: Rob Matthews

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/11/17 04:32 PM

The east side over by Britton with all the timber is very silted in. I've fished some of the creeks on that side and have never had any luck. That's why you probably never see any bass boats fishing in that area.
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Great Day @ Joe Pool - 10/11/17 09:57 PM

Anyone know what the fine is if you fish around the concrete structure by the damn. I had good luck there for a while as the buoys were down. Nothing big, but good numbers. Now it's marked again. Also last time I fished there, fish were gone. Not sure if it got over fished or the've moved on. Lots of structure around there. But if they are going to fine you several hundred, not worth it.

With this cold front moving in, and then getting warm again what the hell are the fish going to do?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum