Texas Fishing Forum

Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon?

Posted By: basseditor

Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/04/17 01:13 AM

I've only caught two DDs. Both from Falcon. This last one was on 9/28 when the lake began to rise from all the rain. As you may have heard, it is up about 14' in the last week. The following bass was 11.38 pounds, my new personal best. (Caught on 10' PowerWorm, black w/blue flake.) And, you can see where—the usual community hole.

I feel like a "cheater" catching 10+ on Falcon. Of course it's not easy, but I think you have as good a chance to get one there as anywhere else.

Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/04/17 01:25 AM

No. You still have to earn it. I've spent a total of 14 days on falcon and only have one DD. Honestly have lost count of the 7-9 pounders but were talking DD here. That's an awesome fish btw. How long was it. I caught an 11 down there also that was a 27.75" long. Sure wish she would've had girth to go with length. Yours looks long as well.
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/04/17 01:25 AM

Nope! Take it where you can get it!
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/04/17 01:26 AM

I'd be a cheater if I could. Congrats
Posted By: basseditor

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/04/17 02:31 AM

Falcon fish are very long. If they had a big gut, they’d weigh 20 pounds. lol
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/04/17 02:35 AM

Not cheating at all. It is a numbers gang and the only time I went to Falcon, I caught my 5th biggest fish at 9.17. Longest fish I have caught, but still, not a double digit. Friend and I discussed going back next year sometime, dunno when, but we are looking forward to it. CONGRATS on the new PB. WAY to go. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/04/17 02:37 AM

She is a gorgeous fish. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Boudreaux99

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/04/17 12:07 PM

Its not cheating at all, I'd say its putting yourself in a good position. I have fished Falcon quite a bit since 2009 and I haven't caught a DD. I've had a couple of 9's, several 8's and a bunch of 7's but no 10's. My dad did catch one and had a buddy lose one at the boat. I know someone who has caught probably ten DD's fishing at Falcon over that same time frame. Is he a better fisherman than me, absolutely. But I have spent enough time on the water there to say that it definitely isn't cheating!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/04/17 12:34 PM

Nope not at all. A Legit DD is still a rare animal. I don't care where you catch it.

Congrats by the way!
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/04/17 12:59 PM

That may be a SAL in 2-3 months.
Posted By: 96speed

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/04/17 01:44 PM

Its public water and anyone can fish there with a fishing license and a boat launch fee. Legit DD.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/04/17 02:21 PM

i have been fortunate enough to catch 2, 1 @ falcon and 1 from Lonestar of all places. As far as i can tell, lonestar is not known for kicking out DD fish, but the Lonestar fish wasn't any more or less exciting than the falcon fish. You get a DD in the boat, its a helluva thing, no matter what pond you are fishing.
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/04/17 02:50 PM

Good looking fish. Congrats
Posted By: northdallasfisherman

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/04/17 03:34 PM

It counts no matter where you catch it. Is it the photo or does that fish have a brown hint to it. Congrats on the double digit
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/04/17 05:53 PM

Not a cheater, they don't happen often
Posted By: TEXASJIGSTER

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/04/17 06:35 PM

On public waters and on artificial yea buddy it,s legit. I caught 2 DDs out of Guerrero back in the late 80s
Posted By: Raul Perez

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/04/17 06:40 PM

NO sir, not cheating! congrats!
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/04/17 08:01 PM

Not any different than Fork, public water. You are to be congratulated and certainly thankful. Some people go a lifetime without one. Way to go buddy. flehan
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/04/17 08:01 PM

Legit fish! Congrats!
Posted By: Hoss Holding

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/05/17 02:08 AM

Those fish see a 1000 baits a week up there, congrats on making that bass hit yours, awesome fish
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/05/17 03:42 AM

Nice and Congratulation , DD Large Mouth is Rare
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/05/17 11:32 AM

I hope not cuz it's the only lake where I've caught DD's. That's a great pic, too! Congrats....
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/05/17 01:31 PM

Honestly at Falcon over the last few years there haven't been that many true DDs caught. Lots of 8,s and 9's but not truly big fish.
Posted By: jbaker33

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/05/17 02:36 PM

For most falcon is a dream lake and still takes some effort and abaility to catch dd...
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/05/17 03:40 PM

It's dang close to cheating! Had back to back 40 lb sacks (Friday afternoon and Saturday morning) on one memorable trip. On the Saturday morning I caught a 10 even on my second cast and an hour later, without moving the boat, my buddy caught an 11.6. The biggun's were stacked on that ledge. Need about 5 more feet of water for it to come back alive!
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/05/17 03:49 PM

Beautiful fish, Congrats.! thumb
Posted By: TEXASJIGSTER

Re: Is it "cheating" when you catch a DD on Falcon? - 10/05/17 05:38 PM

I thinks the odds are better down there than Fork because of the pressure, but Lady Luck still plays a big role.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum