Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for Table Rock info for 10/15 trip

Posted By: Bassman110

Looking for Table Rock info for 10/15 trip - 10/03/17 11:58 PM

Headed up to Table Rock the weekend of 10/14-15 for a fishing trip. Looking for any tips (baits, spots, techniques) or any other info anyone might be willing to share. Never been on the lake but looking forward to it. Dragging the boat and camper staying at the State Park off hwy 165.
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: Looking for Table Rock info for 10/15 trip - 10/04/17 01:27 AM

I heard they were biting good on bridge pylons. I don't go there much. I'm only a hour away. It's full of kentuckys. If water is flowing they will be biting
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Looking for Table Rock info for 10/15 trip - 10/04/17 01:32 AM

I love the kimberling city area mid lake. A ball head with a keitech Swimbait on 8-10lbs floro or a 1/2oz white war eagle spoon will do the trick on spots & smallies. Topwater & jigs for largemouth.
Posted By: Tjbev13

Re: Looking for Table Rock info for 10/15 trip - 10/04/17 01:48 AM

Funny! I’m heading there myself the 13th and staying until that Tuesday. First trip for myself too. Would love some insight! Staying by top of the rock
Posted By: kscatman76

Re: Looking for Table Rock info for 10/15 trip - 10/04/17 01:56 AM

Get on ozarkanglers.com there is a great tablerock forum. Ned rigs always produce there, top water and spoons this time of year are also good. Jigs and shakey heads and drop shot as well. Consider taking an ultra light and fish taneycomo if it gets rough on the rock!
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Looking for Table Rock info for 10/15 trip - 10/04/17 12:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/user/g53H16

Pete Wenners' weekly fishing report
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Looking for Table Rock info for 10/15 trip - 10/04/17 09:55 PM

Beautiful area for sure. I have used this guide three times on TR. Tell him Ken Addington sent you. He will roll out the red carpet for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNHTRRYtpcs
Posted By: happycampr

Re: Looking for Table Rock info for 10/15 trip - 10/06/17 06:32 AM

+1 for Pete Wenners... his tips put us on the smallies in June!
Posted By: Rlrob

Re: Looking for Table Rock info for 10/15 trip - 10/06/17 10:51 AM

I have done really well in October using my graph on points with a spoon. You should be able to catch everything the lake has to offer.
Posted By: Mark Wendler

Re: Looking for Table Rock info for 10/15 trip - 10/08/17 03:09 AM

Originally Posted By: James Biggs
I love the kimberling city area mid lake. A ball head with a keitech Swimbait on 8-10lbs floro or a 1/2oz white war eagle spoon will do the trick on spots & smallies. Topwater & jigs for largemouth.

This^^^^^

Point 6 between Cow Creek & Little Cow Creek is a favorite area of mine. Do yourself a favor and pick up some ned rigs and single tailed grubs. The smallies will kill those 2 baits this time of year.
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Looking for Table Rock info for 10/15 trip - 10/08/17 09:28 PM

Peter Wenners is a wealth of info on TR.

At least ckeck out his youtube channel...he posts a report every week.

Please let us know how you did...I leave on the 20th for a week for my birthday. Can not wait!

good luck to you sir!
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Looking for Table Rock info for 10/15 trip - 10/09/17 08:41 PM

Can be a very fun place to fish this time of the year from the few times I have been, the fall has been my favorite. I did well on transition areas such as points or flat banks near deep water with a big walking style topwater, whopper plopper or Wake Baits and buzzbait just covering water, have done well with this from the very south end all the way up into the rivers. For the shallow bite, just look for the big schools of gizzard shad up shallow and the fish will be in like in wolf packs just following the bait. Wiggle wart or Spro rock crawler is always a good option and just match the hatch to the color that is closet to what color the crawfish are there right now, following up with a swing head jig and soft plastic.
Posted By: Tjbev13

Re: Looking for Table Rock info for 10/15 trip - 10/18/17 12:54 AM

How did you do? We fished Sunday and Monday, Man it was tough! I caught 2 smallies. Beautiful lake though!

Took 11lbs to win the 2 day Toyota owners tourney so I am glad we weren't the only people struggling!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum