Texas Fishing Forum

Ultrex Unbreakable shaft

Posted By: pacertom

Ultrex Unbreakable shaft - 10/02/17 09:53 PM

Well....not quite unbreakable. On Palenstine this weekend for the Bud Light, 3 hours in and the motor hit a stump, it flexed then an explosion, Cracked from the motor to the head. Sucks to happen at the Champ....

At All Star now awaiting a new one.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Ultrex Unbreakable shaft - 10/02/17 10:09 PM

Dang it! I fell off my boat at the ramp a month ago holding onto to the Ultrex shaft, I broke the U shaped guide, and am still worried about the shaft, so far so good.
Posted By: dlwfish

Re: Ultrex Unbreakable shaft - 10/02/17 10:36 PM

Snapped mine on a stump at Ray Roberts during Bass Champs this season..
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Ultrex Unbreakable shaft - 10/02/17 10:55 PM

Nothing is unbreakable
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Ultrex Unbreakable shaft - 10/02/17 11:29 PM

Dang, how fast are you guys trolling? I've been using terrovas for a few years and have it numerous stumps and other obstructions and never had one break. Bad thing is if I remember right us warranty covers a new shaft but installation is on your dime unless they changednit
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Ultrex Unbreakable shaft - 10/02/17 11:38 PM

Palestine stumps are a different world. I've fished 3 championships on Palestine now and all 3 boats we used sustained damage
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Ultrex Unbreakable shaft - 10/03/17 12:01 AM

I watched Mr Wicox go there back in January several years ago and he whacked em, went up there one year to the date of his show and I swear I felt like a pinball in a pinball machine. Never been back. I hate Bill Wilcox! He makes it look too easy.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Ultrex Unbreakable shaft - 10/03/17 12:25 AM

I did the same thing at the back of Monticello. To my surprise All-star replaced it under warranty. I was shocked but very grateful.

Edit....Mine is not an Ultrex. It's a Frtrex
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Ultrex Unbreakable shaft - 10/03/17 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Palestine stumps are a different world. I've fished 3 championships on Palestine now and all 3 boats we used sustained damage

It's a mine field!!!
Posted By: pacertom

Re: Ultrex Unbreakable shaft - 10/03/17 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Dang, how fast are you guys trolling? I've been using terrovas for a few years and have it numerous stumps and other obstructions and never had one break. Bad thing is if I remember right us warranty covers a new shaft but installation is on your dime unless they changednit

Wasn't crazy fast....Dylan at All Star did say that Minn Kota had a mix up with some composites for a run of Ultrex models. They are breaking at 500#'s of pressure versus the 700#s - He has had quite a few in.
Posted By: Polly Gosh Lizard

Re: Ultrex Unbreakable shaft - 10/03/17 10:23 PM

I went thru 2 shafts on 101 Foretrex then had them put on a salt water shaft. It's white but I could care less. Much thicker than the regular shaft. Y'all might consider getting one.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Ultrex Unbreakable shaft - 10/04/17 12:39 PM

I'm on my third one on an early model 101# iPilot. Hardly unbreakable.....
Posted By: Guide Richie White

Re: Ultrex Unbreakable shaft - 10/04/17 02:08 PM

I've been guiding for 27 years with Minn Kota TMs and have only broken 2 shafts. With my style of fishing, that's pretty amazing.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Ultrex Unbreakable shaft - 10/04/17 05:03 PM

Don't they have a life time warranty on their shaft's?
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Ultrex Unbreakable shaft - 10/04/17 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Guide Richie White
I've been guiding for 27 years with Minn Kota TMs and have only broken 2 shafts. With my style of fishing, that's pretty amazing.

Pretty Amazing is an understatement! thumb
Posted By: redmojo

Re: Ultrex Unbreakable shaft - 10/05/17 12:11 AM

I broke mine and I simply drifted into a stump at Lake Fork with my Ultrex. Shattered the entire thing, I was shocked to say the least.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Ultrex Unbreakable shaft - 10/05/17 12:20 AM

I haven't had any issues and my 17 year old runs it up on rocks, in the sand, hits everything. That kid and his partner are always hung on something shallow and they still aren't smart enough to lift the motor before running it too shallow, and we still haven't broke it.
Posted By: dlwfish

Re: Ultrex Unbreakable shaft - 10/05/17 02:32 AM

We were running hard down wind around some hard wood and I told my partner "don't nail a stump"....

20 seconds later we were both laying on the deck and the shaft was snapped.

Huge stump 1ft below the surface stopped us dead in our tracks..
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Ultrex Unbreakable shaft - 10/06/17 02:40 PM

Only Minnkota shaft I broke was on Monticello on 80-100 power lol not the smartest idea
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum