Texas Fishing Forum

Whats up at Monticello????

Posted By: mwbmod74

Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 01:24 AM

There is a sign at entrance and 2 at boat ramp stating: NO BOATS ALLOWED NORTH OF 127 BRIDGE

Posted By: firefighter196965

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 01:36 AM

Wow! Somebody needs to call and find out what the deal is!
Posted By: T-Gauntt

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 01:39 AM

Seems legit
Posted By: DJB

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 01:54 AM

Hopefully Heath Taylor can let us know what's going on.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 02:01 AM

I carry that sign with me for my trips

Wait till you guys see the one I made for Squaw Creek!
Posted By: mudd

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 02:04 AM

That sucks. Best fishing I've had is up there! Lol
Posted By: DJB

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 02:23 AM

Bill Wilcox may have put that up
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 02:52 AM

Was there anything to block boats going through the bridge, or anything looking more official from the state or Power company?
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 02:58 AM

Wow! I was just there last week and this sign was not up. Fishing sucked though. Lake is about two feet low so stumps made it hard to get around the north part of the lake. Lily pads were so thick that in Smith Creek you could not get more that 1/3 of the way into the cove even the creek on the north side of the cove.

Local we ran into said they had just sprayed the lily pads and grass early last week. Even smelled bad.
Posted By: mwbmod74

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: David Burton
Was there anything to block boats going through the bridge, or anything looking more official from the state or Power company?

I didnt go to the bridge as it was already 6pm, but as I said before there are 2 of those same signs at the boat ramp.
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 03:24 AM

popcorn2
Posted By: Smash-Tech Custom Baits

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 04:37 AM

They are running an AT&T fiber optics cable 30 foot under the lake and they have to run a guide wire that’s just a couple inches underneath the surface of the water for the robot driller. Will be closed just during the time that they’re crossing the bridge area so depending on if they finished up today it could be back open tomorrow or the next day. I'll keep everyone posted.

Heath
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 04:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher
Wow! I was just there last week and this sign was not up. Fishing sucked though. Lake is about two feet low so stumps made it hard to get around the north part of the lake. Lily pads were so thick that in Smith Creek you could not get more that 1/3 of the way into the cove even the creek on the north side of the cove.

Local we ran into said they had just sprayed the lily pads and grass early last week. Even smelled bad.
Not calling you a liar as I have not been there and you have. But water data shows Monti to be full and 3 inches high?

Posted By: 361V

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 11:33 AM

True. Monticello shows full on different sites. After many years(decades) of fishing Monti I have actually found it easier to navigate through when a little below full as more stumps are exposed as opposed to slightly below the surface. That said I prefer to fish it when full. I know "never happy":-).
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 01:51 PM

Not trying to start anything, but this wreaks of a fake "stay away from Monti, I am on em" type post
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Smash-Tech Custom Baits
They are running an AT&T fiber optics cable 30 foot under the lake and they have to run a guide wire that’s just a couple inches underneath the surface of the water for the robot driller. Will be closed just during the time that they’re crossing the bridge area so depending on if they finished up today it could be back open tomorrow or the next day. I'll keep everyone posted.

Heath

You must have missed this post, Frank.
Posted By: River to sea

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 01:59 PM

Monti is about a foot low right now , drive over it web sight , it's like gps of yesteryear , gps was grandpa .

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman

Heath

You must have missed this post, Frank.

Sorry, disregard my post please
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 02:38 PM

I wouldn't follow the signs directions because it doesn't look official at all.

My first thought were some locals want the area to themselves
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 02:54 PM

Heath

For those that don't know, Heath is the Game Warden for that area. If anyone would know, it would be him...

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 03:13 PM

This thread has given me a great idea for wintertime when it gets nasty out cold and rainy or sleet grin
Posted By: 361V

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
This thread has given me a great idea for wintertime when it gets nasty out cold and rainy or sleet grin
If it doesnt sit in "stand-by" mode all winter! We can hope!
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter

Heath

For those that don't know, Heath is the Game Warden for that area. If anyone would know, it would be him...

Thank you for the job you do Heath...we appreciate you sir flag
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Whats up at Monticello???? - 09/29/17 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaguar6

Not calling you a liar as I have not been there and you have. But water data shows Monti to be full and 3 inches high?

Wells normally the reeds are in the water and they are high and dry now. So no matter what they say, the lake is not at full pool (at least not a little more than a week ago).
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum