Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Houston Pepper Challenge!

Posted By: BrockstaRama

Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/23/17 02:52 AM

grin My buddy and I had a little fishing challenge on Lake Houston and winner got to...NOT eat a ghost pepper. I barely pulled it off but was able to boat a chunk the last 15 minutes of the challenge. The pepper devouring is around 9:20. It was great! Haha. Here's the link. Caught a topwater hit on camera and that was a first.
https://youtu.be/JlQoI0YHbNc
Posted By: Kens3313

Re: Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/23/17 03:23 PM

Enjoyed the video man. Never have fished on lake Houston, looks pretty good have you ever fished lake Sheldon?

Re: Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/23/17 04:35 PM

Bout to head there now! I have a good vid from there in the threads. Good days at Sheldon I think

Re: Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/27/17 03:43 PM

Sheldon was rough. Now I'm torn on where I wanna fish this weekend. Though the lure chasing dog from the vid is very cool. May hit Houston or Conroe.
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/27/17 05:32 PM

Sheldon comes and goes with me too, then I read a report and go a few times then lay off again. L Houston water looking good overall, we got some in the West San Jac this last Sunday from kayaks.
Posted By: RKT

Re: Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/28/17 02:54 AM

Houston will have two day championship tournaments on it for three or four weekends in a row starting this Saturday.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/28/17 03:54 AM

Is there any other good bass fishing on Houston besides Luce Bayou??
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/28/17 01:41 PM

Good point RKT,
AQ Tues series championship this weekend, then their individual next weekend, then LHAC teams on the next weekend, then AQ team last weekend. Lots of boats going to be out, weights should be interesting. Also, seeing if anyone can get up here into the W Fork, its not being hit at all.....and there are fish up there, we found some good ones this last Sun. It will take 25-28 to win any of them ( 2 day total) and I will make a prediction now, no BB over 5!!! In ANY of them, but hope I am wrong and some of those Conroe fished washed down here into our watershed!

Re: Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/28/17 03:24 PM

I could see some large fish for Lake Houston being caught from now through spring. Not could fish from Conroe have possibly made their way to Lake Houston, but also many golf course ponds, sandpits, and private ponds were flooded and connected to the lake during the flood.
Posted By: Dean Coleman

Re: Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/28/17 06:24 PM

Enjoyed that Guys! LOL...nice chunks from the old mud hole!
Posted By: GeoFisher

Re: Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/28/17 06:56 PM

And yes, Luce Bayou is the ONLY place to catch them!!

Re: Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/28/17 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By: GeoFisher

Is this sarcasm or are you being serious? I've fished houston a number of times, and the only place I seem to hang up on them is in Luce Bayou. No where that I've been on the main lake seems to hold any bass

Re: Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/29/17 04:11 AM

Just go to the marina and watch the boats take off at the beginning of a tournament. You will boats head in every direction.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/29/17 04:32 AM

Nice video. thumb
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/29/17 07:19 AM

wrong

Originally Posted By: dk2429

Is this sarcasm or are you being serious? I've fished houston a number of times, and the only place I seem to hang up on them is in Luce Bayou. No where that I've been on the main lake seems to hold any bass

Catch fish all over the lake. I actually dont like Luces minus few months out of year. Catch more in rest of lake

Re: Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/29/17 03:09 PM

Only fish over 4pds I have ever caught there were in coves on the main lake or deep cranks over humps. Death in the summer though, lol.
Posted By: Crankalot

Re: Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/29/17 04:29 PM

Why do your topics need exclamation points?
Posted By: GeoFisher

Re: Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/29/17 07:02 PM

Every bass in Lake Houston feeds in Luce's, nowhere else. Go get em!!

Re: Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/30/17 01:08 AM

Notes importance? Excitement? That I finally finished editing 3 hours into 12 minutes? The latter...!

Re: Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/30/17 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: ChanceHuiet
wrong

Catch fish all over the lake. I actually dont like Luces minus few months out of year. Catch more in rest of lake

Guess I need to explore it a bit more. I've never fished south of that railroad bridge running through the lake. I also get sort of nervous running the main lake. Seen it go from 15ft to 3ft pretty quick

Re: Lake Houston Pepper Challenge! - 09/30/17 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By: ChanceHuiet
wrong

Guess I need to explore it a bit more. I've never fished south of that railroad bridge running through the lake. I also get sort of nervous running the main lake. Seen it go from 15ft to 3ft pretty quick

When it does that I usually stop and throw cranks.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum