Texas Fishing Forum

Where to get an original Ugly Stick or something similar?

Posted By: CraZyNOTRT

Where to get an original Ugly Stick or something similar? - 09/16/17 06:53 PM

Does any one know Where I can find some original Ugly Sticks? Looking for spinning model SPL 1100 7" medium. I don't care for the GX2's, they are too stiff and can't feel whats under the water.

If not, any suggestions for something similar that doesn't cost a arm and a leg ($60 or less)???
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: Where to get an original Ugly Stick or something similar? - 09/16/17 09:03 PM

I have never tried one, but you might check out the Berkley Lightning Rod Shock Series. Right at $50 at BassPro
Posted By: Lucky Al

Re: Where to get an original Ugly Stick or something similar? - 09/16/17 09:58 PM

Ebay?
Posted By: Resh

Re: Where to get an original Ugly Stick or something similar? - 09/17/17 03:27 AM

Let me see what I have crazy, I think I might have a couple in the garage
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Where to get an original Ugly Stick or something similar? - 09/17/17 03:41 AM

I think the Cabelas Whuppin Stick is similar. They are about 20 bucks.
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Where to get an original Ugly Stick or something similar? - 09/17/17 05:12 AM

I have one that's probably 35 years old.

It's not quite 6' though and I can't read what action it is anymore.
Posted By: Resh

Re: Where to get an original Ugly Stick or something similar? - 09/17/17 09:45 PM

Crazy where are you located, I have 2 6ft M action SPL models with reels sitting there
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Where to get an original Ugly Stick or something similar? - 09/17/17 10:39 PM

Ugly Stix, while tough, are old technology. Much better rods out there for the same money.
Posted By: CraZyNOTRT

Re: Where to get an original Ugly Stick or something similar? - 09/18/17 01:38 AM

They maybe old tech, but for but for $30 at time they were the best poles hands down. Never Broken one and still use one on my main pole.
Reshelman I live in Mckinney also, might take you up on that offer if I don't like my new poles I bought.

Went with SAKS idea, Just bought 2 Cabelas Whuppin sticks, they feel pretty close to the old ugly stik. Will try them out later this week.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum